Reducing fps slightly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing fps slightly

So yesterday saw the second chance to use my much maligned g&g predator.
    On its previous adventure I was fairly sure it was shooting low on fps as it seemed to lack the punch of my other aegs (not range etc, just the punchyness).

So you can imagine my surprise when I stepped up to the chrome and it shot 356,357,357,357 and 357, was declared hot and put back into my gun bag(fortunately I still had my l86 as a back up).

Whilst at the chrono I was advised to trim a coil off the spring to bring it under limits. But frankly I have no idea how to do this and any advice would me greatly appreciated.
    The gun is relatively new so I don't know if there's anything else I can do to lose this few fps.
    Details as follows
    G&g gc16 predator (full metal). No upgrades.
    9.6v 1600mah Nimh battery
    Using .20bb's

Has shot maybe 1500 bb's since purchase, but this was its first time across the chrono.

Re: Reducing fps slightly

you could try and leave the spring compressed in the gearbox, so fire it so the piston is only half back, and leave it for a while.

is the hop up tuned properly? If it's too low if you set it properly it should reduce the fps a little (if it needs to be turned up). Be aware though some sites will make you chrono with the hop up off, not as you play it, so for those sites you'll be over.

Chrono it from ~20cm away from the barrel, if that drops it to below 350, you might be able to get away with putting a silencer on it.

The best option is however just spending a tenner and fitting a new, lower powered spring, or paying someone to do it for you. £10 in the grand scheme of how much we all (unfortunately) spend on airsofting isn't too much - and having it at 328 will allow you to play at pretty much every site you could want to, and gives you a decent safety margin for chrono/weather differences.

Comment

Re: Reducing fps slightly

Just run a few thousand bb's through it that will bring it down below 350 as springs need to break in my dmr i had a sp110 and it ran at 415 now runs at a smooth 390 after it was broken in and hop correctly adjusted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
      Working...
      X