LCT AK & Cyma Midcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCT AK & Cyma Midcaps

Has anyone tried the above? I'd like to splash a little more cash and pick up an LCT 105/104. But I already have w bunch of Cyma mags that is rather not replace...

Re: LCT AK & Cyma Midcaps

I've a LCT AK74 that can use the Classic Army abs mids, but my G&P metal mids won't engage without a lot of trimming. I upgraded to the G&Ps from Cymas mids ages ago - maybe I should've kept them!

Comment

Cymas fit and feed fine in all my LCT's

Comment

Perfect, just what I needed. I had a 105 years ago, never fed any mags 100% even the one it came with, so ended up getting rid. Never found out if they fed fine. Result then. Cheers guys.

Comment

So it turned up today, I seem to have both situations!

My plum 74 standard midcap, fits fine. My Cyma Bulgarian mags, are a very tight fit. Need to really be shoved in. I'm fairly certain that the back locking shelf is slightly longer in the Bulgarian which is what makes it so hard to get in

Year of manufacture on the guns certificate is Feb 2015

Comment

Confirmed tonight that it's actually the front lip being too thick that caused the tight fitting. 5 seconds on each with a dremel fixed them. The first one I overdid massively but it still feeds fine. Just isn't a tight fit.

Cyma 74, LCT 74, Cyma Bulgarian

Just a smidgen needs to come off.

Whack them in too hard without sanding and they'll split around the lip like this one. This is also the mag I overdid the sanding on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
            Working...
            X