Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC G36c without a fuse

Hey all,

Pretty sure you get alot of questions about this but going to ask anyway.

I recently upgraded the Motor in my SRC G36c to a G&P M120 ultra high speed. The original motor just didn't cut it on ROF and trigger response for me. So with the new motor there is an improvement with the ROF and trigger response. However when I take the fuse out it the ROF goes up like 4-8rps and the trigger response is exactly what I want it at.

I'm using an 8.4 1500mah battery (not cheap soft VP racing battery) and from what I've read it should be ok but wanted to make sure.

I should also mention I can smell the motor after around 100 rounds... You know what electrical smell you sometimes get. Wasn't sure if this is normal. The hand grip however does not get hot at all.

Re: SRC G36c without a fuse

Forgot to mention I'm using 15A fuses. The stock fuse burnt out the last game I took it too.

Comment

If the motor is new, then that smell is a little normal usually.

If it's getting warm and still smells like that after you've gone through one or two thousand rounds in a day with the motor, then that could be problematic. But I wouldn't worry too much now, unless its distinctly a burning smell.

As for the fuses, I take the fuses out of a lot of my guns, but I don't get a 4rps increase.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I know why I get a ROF increase (the fuse is restricting the power) but I was just wondering what people would do in this situation. I might end up getting a 20a or 25a fuse and seeing what happens.

Comment

My G&P M120 had that smell for a while. I believe it's the brushes

Comment

If you're going to use a fuse, you shouldn't use anything less than 20A.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Right I'll grab a 20A and 25A fuse and see what happens.

Thanks all ;D

Comment

Yeah 15A is not enough. It must be a slow blow, because I'd have expeced it to go by now.

That said, I'd also recommend giving your new motor a better power source.
                Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

By better power source do you mean more voltage or a better quality battery? As I've been using this brand for a year now and they seem to be fine.

Comment

There are different ways to achieve the same thing here but any battery that can delivery more power more quickly than your current battery will do.

So, upping capacity but staying at 8.4v would help, or swapping to a battery type with a better discharge rate, such as a lithium (Lipo) based one.

Also, as you've already seen, the efficiency of the rest of your electrical system can also have an impact in getting as much power as possible to your motor. I'd definitly recommend adding a mosfet switch to your setup.

HTH
                    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Th0rn0 Find out more about Th0rn0
                    Working...
                    X