Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please save my M4!!

Right, so here's the situation..

This was my first ever AEG and has had years of TLC but has been neglected and now presents more problems than solutions.
    I am on the verge of selling it and buying new but i fear i would be selling a piece of myself with all the work and money that i have sunk into it....

What i have now:
    - A TM M4 with a HurricanE M4 metal body and a G&P CQB front end with free float RIS. Works flawlessly on the field.

I would like to have:
    - At least = A 14.5 barrel installed on my M4

- At most = - A hassle free M4 (which this has been internally) which I can swap between;
    SOPMOD style (RIS/ACOG/Flat Top/14.5 barrel) and
    M727 style (733 Grips/A2 Upper/14.5 barrel) front ends.

Problems:
    - I cant even get the reciever apart to get at anything at the moment (hasnt been opened literally in years)

- I have no idea how to go about replacing the barrel (I did not construct the contraption)

What I need:
    - The M4 taken apart, opened up, inspected, cleaned and put back together properly. (So that I can do the same)

- To be able to remove the upper reciever and front end freely and interchange them (new front ends need to be purchased).

- Install a full length M4 barrel (will use CQB for new front end)

- A cheaper alternative

Reasons:
    - Confusion between G&P/TM/Hurricane compatibility (my own ignorance regarding that)

- I do not want to sell this but will if a perfect opportunity arises.

- I am absolutely skint and cannot afford virtually anything.

This is why i call on the community for support in my hour of need

If anyone can offer any help, whether it be advice or labour it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: Please save my M4!!

I have not had a hurricane body in years but i remember it was a pain in the arse as a take down , not 100% but i am sure you have to strip all the lower and take the stock off before you can get the gb out of the upper ?? i used a pro-win gb in mine but i am sure the standard v2 was like this

As for getting a barrel off you need a AR spanner set ( depending on the g&p ris/ras) so before going in to detail it would be better you get a photo so i or others could tell you the best was of attacking it
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Its not with me at the moment but ill try and get someone to get me some pics of it all in detail, wait out for that.

Thanks alot, any idea what barrels (if not all) are compatible with the ris and body?

Comment

Most m4a1 barrels will fit with no problems at all but 1 issue you might have is say you got a clone tm 1 piece barrel the front sight might not fit with the RAS as TM are the smallest barrels in length and g&p are one of the longest :P its only a matter of 5-6mm but you never know , stick with g&p or ca and you will be fine
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gask99 Find out more about Gask99
        Working...
        X