Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFET on a P90 High-Cycle

Hi all,

I'm considering fitting a MOSFET with active braking to a P90 high cycle to crispen up the trigger response and make the semi-auto more reliable. (It occaisionally over-rotates and spits out 2-3 bbs, not idea for semi-only areas.)

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea and if it'll begin to dilute the TM-so-just-works magic? Any recommendations on a MOSFET?

Cheers
    Skully

Re: MOSFET on a P90 High-Cycle

Check your semi trigger contact first. Sometimes the cut off lever doesnt have enough force to push the p90 semi contact up if its stuck on anything.. even a hundreth of a mm! A good test is to take gearbox out and put trigger to semi and try to disengage the contact. It should come off with a snap pretty easy. If it rocks a little it needs looked at. Obviously check the cut off lever as well the ends take a battering. Ive seen wear on selector gear too.

But check contact release and cut off lever first

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. I like jefftron mosfets with active braking for semi. Only blew one up so far due to me being a plonk :D

Comment

That's great, cheers.

Comment

I bought a 10 year old TM P90 a few months ago, original FPS was 280FPS with a ROF of 16RPS.

I opened the gearbox, cleaned it, regressed it, shimmed up the gears, put a new M100 Spring in and installed a GATE Electronics NanoAAB.

Now fires a reliable 350FPS at a rate of an OMG 30RPS!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skullfish Find out more about skullfish
        Working...
        X