M4 aeg buffer tube problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 aeg buffer tube problem

I'm building an m4 at the moment out of various makes and parts etc and have got the gun 99% complete. The problem I have is I bought a buffer tube second hand and when I try to fit it its slide back and forward about 2 inches or so even when the long tube and washer are screwed down tight. When I look down the tube it seem the washer and screw bottom out on the stub/ tube that comes out the rear of the body so I have no way of taking up the slack so to speak. Anyone else had a problem like this?
    Not sure if I've explained it very well though.
    Cheers

Re: M4 aeg buffer tube problem

Sounds like you need to cut down the tube that sticks out from the back of the lower receiver (and is part of it).
    Guns that use a full stock usually have a full length bit for the stock to slide onto, around 2.5-3". Most guns that come with a buffer tube are factory cut to around an inch or less. You can cut and file it yourself.
    If you measure the buffer tube internally form the receiver end, it will be thicker in order to seat the washer and screw. The receiver tube bit needs to be shorter than the buffer tubes, thickest parts depth.

I hope that makes sense, it was a lot harder to explain than it would be in reality!
    AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
    G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

Haha cheers for the reply mate. I was thinking something along those lines but didn't wanna go cutting it incase I was wrong as once it's cut there's no going back. I'll give it a try today.
      Cheers

Comment

No problem.
        A shortened receiver tube will still take a full stock with no issue if you wanted to change in the future.
        Most receivers seems to come with the shortened tube as standard, these days.
        AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
        G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

It's your buffer tube, inside it has a ridge that the silver locking washer sits against, on some tubes the ridge is only 2 centimetres from the opening, cutting the receiver is a last resort especially if it holds the thread for the screw to go into, not too bad if the thread is in the spring guide, i noticed the same problem yesterday when I was trying to put a plastic g&g buffer tube on my evo, I ended up making a collar using an old cylinder tube
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers for the help guys. I've cut the tube down and now it screws down fine. I know what you mean with the ridge inside the tube aswell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kirbymeister Find out more about Kirbymeister
            Working...
            X