Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade My AEG

Hi guys!

Wondering if you can help me out with some decisions i have to make...

So im going to be upgrading a G&G Combat Machine GC16.

So i want to completely upgrade the entire internals and get this shooting at around 350fps and 30 RPS maybe

So with that infomation what would you recommend should be installed.

Ive got a budget of £350 to play with.

Thanks guys!

Re: Upgrade My AEG

Jefftron mk:ii v2 mosfet, high torque motor 11.1 lipo battery with at least 40amps, high speed gear set, linear spring, steel bushings, steel ball bearing spring guide, light weight piston and head

- - - Updated - - -

Although it's quite easy to achieve if you know what you are doing, trying to get 350 fps and a reasonable high speed is a fine balance, an aeg can pull tremendous speeds if it doesn't have to worry about fps, also you have to be certain that the gun doesn't creep over 350,which it invariably does, you should be aiming for around 330,as it gives you the plus /minus 10 fps.
    Or get a gearbox with a quick change spring option so you can experiment without opening up the gearbox all the time
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for your help man!

the FPS is not really an issue its just my site limits are 350 so i thought it would be something to keep in mind.

again thanks for your help!

Comment

Small point, but isn't the gun around £250 to buy? ...seems £350 is a lot for an upgrade to a £250 gun, might have been better spending the combined £600 on a better gun in the first place? Just a thought. I know folks who spend a small fortune chasing the magical high fps/high ROF equation. Most of the time they end up with either a gun that fires too hot or shredding the internals. Still, always fun trying to get there I guess!
        sigpic
        Member of the Outlaw Gaming Airsoft Team
        http://www.outlawgamingairsoft.co.uk
        "It's all about the Toky"

Comment

GC16 is a very loose description & prices start from about £120-ish to just over £200 mark
          All depends if you are going to the work yourself as to the final cost

SHS High speed gears & Torque motor £50 aprox
          Mosfet - £10 upwards or under a fiver if making your own 3034
          Piston & piston head (stock G&G suck) - about £12 to £15
          Add on say another £10 for o-ring nozzle & bearing spring guide
          maybe another £10 for better bushings & SHS shims
          then possible new spring, a bit higher and short stroke maybe if going for 30rps
          presume you have some grease like silicone & LM2 type grease

about £100 could cover it if you shop around
          edit - probably more like £150 as you have to add on p&p when buying from a few places
          plus I forgot to consider a possible new tappet plate & a delay clip too
          yeah £125 to £150 "should" cover it all if you shop around a bit

you don't have to replace cylinder - if present one is ok & volumed alright
          cylinder head would be fine ptfe tape & check for any leaks in a sink/bucket of water when testing compression

other stuff would depend on present battery/charger type if going to lipo from nimah
          yes that is a fair investment but you are looking at say doubling the rate of fire from say 13/14rps to 26-30rps

I'd stick to that max speed or your present mags may/may not keep up & feed 101% on auto
          However - assembling all this does take a little time and care with levels of attention to detail to run well
          Shimming alone is not as easy as chucking in some gears with a few shims here n there
          Without paying very close attention your faster gun will simply run crap and wear very quickly
          (running guns faster will result in greater stress & wear taking place more quickly - but a badly assembled one certainly won't last)
          AoE & sorbo/neoprene mix would be a must

you can hit over 30rps on 7.4v but the speed motors really draw the amps and motor/wiring runs very warm/hot
          you should still get 20 to 25rps on high speed gears & a torque motor on 7.4v which tbh I think is pretty decent for most people
          (expect to get another 50% more rps on 11.1v of same type/burst C rating but watch out for Pre Engagement if you take liberties)
          Last edited by Sitting Duck; 26 July, 2016, 03:13.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EddieEdwards Find out more about EddieEdwards
          Working...
          X