Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS MP5A4 rewiring

Hi folks

picked up a nice mp5 over the weekend and one thing I'm thinking about is rewiring it from the front hand grip to the rear so I can put a longer lasting battery in possibly. Am I right in thinking that there's a re-wiring kit available for this job? Is there anyone that's done this before that can point me in the right direction for doing this?

Re: ICS MP5A4 rewiring

Its a fairly straight forward job to rear wire it. Depending on how much flex there is on the wires already, you might not need to fully rewire it, just reposition the wires. If you do need to rewire it fully, you will need to buy some wire, preferably black and red, not sure of the guage, sorry, and also some crimps to attatch motor contacts with (and of course some motor contacts). Not expensive, you only need about 50cm of each wire, which covers mistakes too, but it is a bit of a faf and requires soldering skills.

What you will definitely need to buy is an extension so that you will be able to plug a battery in. They are about a tenner, and usually are small (from gb) to large (to large battery) with a fuse & holder incoperated.

edit: spelling

Comment

I've just bought a Galaxy G.5M and I plan to move the front "unreachable" connector to the M4 style stock and use a 7.4 1100mAh LiPo inside it. Whenever I do so I'll post pictures of the process.

Comment

Any idea where I can get this stuff from at all?

Comment

Firstly, you can't front wire a V2 MP5 gearbox. Your only option is to run the wire over the back. So look on ebay for 16awg silicone wire and mini tamiya connectors.

You then run the wire out the back, over the top of the gearbox and into the front grip.

Comment

All I know is that this has what looks like a mini tamiya connector sitting at the base of the rear stock already and it's powered from the front grip as it is. Wiring it to the back is what I'm going for.

Comment

Oh in that case, piece of piss! :D

Open it up, and untangle the wiring. Pop in a solid stock with a large battery. Job done!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Evil Harb Find out more about Evil Harb
              Working...
              X