DSG wont fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSG wont fire

Every time i pull the trigger it does not cycle but the wiring gets very hot as does the lipo, at one point part of the wiring started to smoke.
    The motor im using is a lonex A1 supreme so i dont think its that. Im using an 7.4v lipo
    Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Re: DSG wont fire

The motor might be sat too high up and is unable to turn, have your tried adjusting the motor height?

Comment

Just tried lowering it and it fired two shots then the wiring set on fire and i had to throw my gun in a rose bush......

- - - Updated - - -

im serious btw

- - - Updated - - -

The gate mosfet that was attached is now fried
      someone please help me

Comment

pmsl - sorry couldn't help it....

send it to a tech - a GOOD tech not Nobby a m8 of a m8 of a m8
        at a risk of being edited ah wtf - jezza, KoA, sniperjesus etc....
        maybe list where you are located ???

you may have the parts, but your shimming/motor height would of been way out for it not to turn all
        The A1 would of ramped up the amps pushing say 25-30 to well over 40-50 amp badly shimmed
        Depending on the mosfet - it might be the wiring just fried.
        The fet could be tested and might be ok - but no biggy really - a basic one will suffice

Any good high speed box takes time, experience/wisdom and an attention to detail in careful assembly
        soz for pmsl - if it helps, I've smashed up loads of stuff
        wisdom is learning from your mistakes and I'm still making loads btw
        Last edited by Sitting Duck; 13 August, 2016, 17:57. Reason: paw gwama & spelin misteaks innit

Comment

Thanks, im definitely going to find a tech to send it too now. The mosfet is completely f****d the circuit board is black, i think that was the issue it was pretty old/used, it was only the wiring that caught fire luckily the rest is fine. Tbh i was laughing as well so no worries

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

_Tom_ Find out more about _Tom_
          Working...
          X