V2 trigger, interesting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 trigger, interesting problem

Got one here that I've not seen before, but am wanting to ask t'internet before just replacing the trigger switch assembly.

I've been working on a friend's M4 for a while now and EVERYTHING seems to have needed replacing at one point or another, it seems that it was originally held together with nothing short of hopes and dreams.

The current thing that I am looking at faulting is the trigger switch assembly. At first I thought that the gearbox was locking up, but in actual fact it seems that when firing on semi the moving item (the shuttle?) seems to sit just above the trigger after being knocked by the cutoff lever. This means that the shuttle sits too high to be engaged by the trigger itself, so it's a mechanical issue per se and not electrical. I've not checked for wear on the back of it, but has anyone else come across this before?
    and know of a fix?

Google only seems to turn up overspin, locking up and poor trigger drill.

Re: V2 trigger, interesting problem

had a problem myself that sounds like this on mine the metal post thats part of the gearbox shell sits behind the shuttle assembly had snapped off so clean it looked like it had never been on so took a while to notice to solve you can ether drill and bolt it or new gear box shell best guess with no pics hope it helps

Comment

The original reason for opening this up was because the gearbox shell had cracked at the front. This shell is brand new so I'd have thought not, but it doesn't mean that it isn't in there full stop haha.. I'll have a look and possibly get some pics when I get a chance to open her up again.

Comment

i bought the one i had second hand off here with faults to fix, took while to place the problem i must say never had that before and the broken post wasnt in the gearbox to notice guess previous owner had opened it before and it had fallen out.with luck its just that i happened to have an old case so was free to fix good luck

Comment

the trolley or trigger stop post can break on a number of gearboxes

so far I have seen with my own bare eyes a 2 x SRC's & 1 x VFC v2 gearbox
          heard people say a G&G but so far not had one break yet on me

lower end pot metal, errosion or oxide in some really old boxes can render them very brittle
          add in lots of semi spamming over time and PPIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

fixable with a small screw or m2 nut & bolt and will hold up better than original if done correctly
          or wtf - buy a new shell is what most end up doing

Comment

I had a g&g post break, drilled a little hole and put a long gearbox screw there
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I think I cut it down and cut a slot in the top to screw in in place and held it with a drop of thread lock
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
              Working...
              X