Ics Mp5 accuracy and range increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics Mp5 accuracy and range increase

What parts would be required to achieve better range and accuracy without breaking the 330fps site restriction?

Would increasing the barrel length increase accuracy and range but decrease Fps?

Re: Ics Mp5 accuracy and range increase

Start by simply changing BBs. I switched to .25 from .20 in my ICS MP5 and it made a huge difference.

After that, a tightbore will help with groupings and a new hop may give a little more range.

Personally, I'm happy with the improvement from the slightly heavier ammo though.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting post actually becuase I had this same problem (about wanting to increase range). I had no problem with accuracy though when it came to my MP5 (also an ICS one). It's range totally sucked though which I believe was due to a problem with leaky seals or something so I replaced the internals with Systema parts - the post should still be somewhere on the forums actually.

What fps is yours firing at currently?

I put in a tightbore barrel (6.03) and a TM rubber (and nub) and that alone made a huge difference to the range (on my last skirmish I used the MP5 the whole day just because of this). When it comes to longer barrel I guess it will depend on how much longer we're talking about. If you increase it by a fair bit then, in my opinion, it will decrease fps simply because the bb will not have the amount of power it needs behind it to push it all the way down the barrel (and by the time it does exit the muzzle I would think the fps/power on it will have dropped).

On the flip side, I think the longer the barrel is the higher the fps will be (not sure on the accuracy and range aspect though). I say this simply because of an experiment I conducted with my VFC Scar as it came with two different barrel lengths (normal 380mm and a 275mm CQC barrels). With the longer 380mm barrel I had a significantly higher fps compared to the shorter 275mm barrel which caused a drop in fps by roughly 10-15fps approx.

If anyone else can clarify one way or the other on this it'd be appreciated.
      Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
      Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Shooting 295 fps with .25gms bb. Where do yopu get the tight bores from?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ammo View Post
        Interesting post actually becuase I had this same problem (about wanting to increase range). I had no problem with accuracy though when it came to my MP5 (also an ICS one). It's range totally sucked though which I believe was due to a problem with leaky seals or something so I replaced the internals with Systema parts - the post should still be somewhere on the forums actually.

What fps is yours firing at currently?

I put in a tightbore barrel (6.03) and a TM rubber (and nub) and that alone made a huge difference to the range (on my last skirmish I used the MP5 the whole day just because of this). When it comes to longer barrel I guess it will depend on how much longer we're talking about. If you increase it by a fair bit then, in my opinion, it will decrease fps simply because the bb will not have the amount of power it needs behind it to push it all the way down the barrel (and by the time it does exit the muzzle I would think the fps/power on it will have dropped).

On the flip side, I think the longer the barrel is the higher the fps will be (not sure on the accuracy and range aspect though). I say this simply because of an experiment I conducted with my VFC Scar as it came with two different barrel lengths (normal 380mm and a 275mm CQC barrels). With the longer 380mm barrel I had a significantly higher fps compared to the shorter 275mm barrel which caused a drop in fps by roughly 10-15fps approx.

If anyone else can clarify one way or the other on this it'd be appreciated.

Comment

295 with .25 is not bad.

Longer/shorter barrel makes no difference to range - fact.

Comment

Originally posted by DPU-Platoon1 View Post
            What parts would be required to achieve better range and accuracy without breaking the 330fps site restriction?

Would increasing the barrel length increase accuracy and range but decrease Fps?
            I had the same gun...

Swappped the original barrel and hop to a madbull set up.

The improvement was slight. Not worth the money, the stock set up was good enough. I would replace the hop, but don't worry too much about the barrel.

Barrel length has nothing to do with performance. Read the sticky in the tech section.

As above, try different ammo weights. Just remember to always chrono with a .2...

Comment

I have an ICS MP5 A3. It has an M100 and hits about 330fps. It has a 325mm 6.03 Vanara's barrel extended into the silencer and a TM hop bucking.

One: The length of the barrel past about 230/250mm makes little difference to the effective range on an airsoft gun running less than 350fps.

Two: The ICS hop rubber is pants! change it for a stock TM bucking.

Three: The BB you use will have far more effect on range and accuracy than the barrel so as stated above try 0.25's and buy good ones Madbull match for instance.

Four: It has been my experience that a longer barrel on an AEG helps with the group pattern at distance. IE when you shoot someone at say 40mtrs plus more of the BB's hit him rather than fly past on either side. Do not confuse this with accuracy as that has more to do with hop and ammo than barrel.

Five: I will shortly be taking the longer barrel out of this gun and replacing with a standard length barrel (twist if I can get one) running 6.03 or less and using Madbull heavy ammo as well as fitting a H-Nub. The reason for this is simply because it will be used as a sort of dedicated Urban Sniper rifle and as such needs to be short accurate and hard hitting and range is of secondary importance. So decide what you want the gun to do before you decide what you want to put in it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DPU-Platoon1 Find out more about DPU-Platoon1
              Working...
              X