Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM AK fuse assembly

Hey folks

Looking for some input before I get someone or have a ham fisted attempt at this myself with regards to the fuse assembly in the front handguard of the TM AKS74N EBB. I'm attempting to fit a handguard set similar to one below however upon removing the lower handguard to get an idea of size and an idea of potential modifications that will need to be done I found this fuse assembly which feeds right into the mini tamiya connector for the battery (yes it will be replaced to deans in due course).

Screenshot_2016-08-16-07-56-23.jpg
    fuse.jpg

Basically what I want to know is there any way I can reduce that set up down to something thats just bare wires, I've seen it done before in one of kingdom of airsofts videos but I've no idea if it was part of something else or it was just the fact that they were able to slim down the wire set up by removing the fuse set up etc but I've got a feeling it had something to do with a mosfet set up.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: TM AK fuse assembly

I would personally cut your wires right back, and remove or cut out any of that stuff which isnt required. Ideally id replace the whole lot with new wiring as your doing it.
    Its been years since I had a gun with a fuse in it.... mosfet or not!

Comment

Originally posted by Clotfuhrer View Post
      I would personally cut your wires right back, and remove or cut out any of that stuff which isnt required. Ideally id replace the whole lot with new wiring as your doing it.
      Its been years since I had a gun with a fuse in it.... mosfet or not!
      So it is just TM being a bit ancient and backwards with that fuse then? Thought it was weird but I dont know enough about the internals to make a decision, any idea what its even for?

Comment

Yeah, its to pop incase of jams and breakages. If you keep pulling the trigger after a jam, without a fuse your battery or wires will cook!

A well setup rifle wont break in a hurry, and a smart shooter wont keep pulling the trigger!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Yelpster Find out more about Yelpster
        Working...
        X