jg internals into new gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jg internals into new gearbox

hey guys im swapping my jg bits into a new gearbox casing. with bearings and m90 spring. its a v2 box. problem ive encountered is the cut off lever no longer has the travel needed to disengage the switch. it looks like the pivot for the cutoff lever is a mm or so further away from the sector gear, obviously meaning the cam no longer pushes the lever far enough. has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Ive changed casings as the jg one cracked after a few 1000 rounds.

thanks

Re: jg internals into new gearbox

what is the gearbox ???
    solution new cut off lever - shs/zci/lonex but often COL's can be slightly different

doubt if JG COL is worn so quick - are you sure the COL is the problem or the trigger's sear sits slightly higher - resulting in the trigger trolley is still being held by sear as COL rises to lift it off

remove cylinder, tappet, piston spring etc.....
    close up box with just trigger/gears in there
    ensure COL is down in semi mode, wind sector backwards in direction of travel
    check if it pops the trolley up off trigger flying backwards to stop and relatch.....

the sear on trigger may be too high in another gearbox or it might need say a shs Cut Off Lever
    but without seeing it all with my own eyes in operation I can't say for certain
    just giving an idea of what to look out for and diagnose it further yourself

Comment

Thankyou.

Thats the problem its not popping the trolley off. If i help the col and push it a little further it pops the trolley.

The old box is the original jg new one is pps v2.

the col is straight and not worn at all. the cam on the back of the sector is fine too. it just dosent have the same range of movement in the new box. i eyeballed the holes for the trigger etc and they are in exactly the same place. just the col that is slightly different.

I will probly end up ordering another jg case to keep it running for now and build a stronger setup into the new box.

Comment

Having the JG box fail in such a short period definitely sounds like a rare occurrence. For the ease of compatibility, I would suggest seeking out a direct JG replacement and correctly radiusing the front corners to help prevent the front end breaking off. If you really are concerned then you can run a sorbothane/neoprene pad set as well.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks guys.

The corners had rads oh well i will try out neoprene pads and cross my fingers. I had a couple of marui v2s go in my old g3 so maybe its the design of the g3. possibly not supporting the gearbox well. Maybe something i will look at when my metal body arrives. Another jg box is on its way. so i guess ive got a v2 box that needs a gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

twchdyn Find out more about twchdyn
          Working...
          X