Upgrading my gun - need suggestions and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my gun - need suggestions and advice

I am currently looking to upgrade my Ares Amoeba am-013.
    Firstly I'd like to improve my range and accuracy, and so am looking at a prowin hop-up upgrade and a madbull 300mm tightbore barrel upgrade.
    Does anyone have a better, hopefully cheaper suggestion?

After, I'd like a RoF upgrade, and not quite sure which motor to get, or which would even fit.
    The current stock motor seems to be heating up extremely quickly (although it maybe because I mainly use Semi).
    I've been adviced to get a G&P m140 Devil - so please PM if you have one for sale, or a cheaper alternative perhaps

Thanks for any help

Re: Upgrading my gun - need suggestions and advice

If you desire to greatly improve your Amoeba's rate of fire, then you must purchase a new battery. You have three options, for a lower rate of fire, choose a 7.4v LiPo, it's a reliable option for sure. I don't know much about 7.4's, but the general rule is the higher the discharge rate (mAh) and C rating, the better the battery. If you want to really make a difference, choose an 11.1v LiPo, these are very reliable and I recommend 1600mAh discharge rate at least and a C rating of 15 or above. The final option is a 12v NiMh, but his wont be as reliable or as powerful as an 11.1v LiPo.

The best way to achieve anywhere in the range of 20-30 RPS is to pair one of these batteries (best to use the 11.1v but the 7.4v and the 12v NiMh MIGHT do) with a high torque motor and high speed gears (16:1 ratio), when it comes to gears, the LOWER the ratio, the HIGHER the rate of fire and vise versa this is because the gear spins faster as there are varying amounts of teeth between ratios.

I'm currently awaiting the arrival of three hundred pounds worth of parts for my gun, and I know that the Lonex A2 motor is the best option for high torque, however some alternatives are the JG Blue and the SHS HT motor.

Any 16:1 ratio gears will do just fine, and you won't find that any mid ranged gear sets are stronger than any others as there is no way to see (and all manufacturers say their gears are incredibly strong) if you really want strong gears, buy a siegetek gearset, they're tough as fu*k. But they come at a price...

With all this being said, you'll want to be aware that the higher the rate of fire, the more stress the gearbox is under, I recommend increasing the longevity by doing the following,

- buying a sorbothane pad from Airlab, I won't go into depth but go onto airlab and search sorbothane pad, they have a long description for you to read

- fix AOE, simple fix in the gearbox, watch a YouTube video, search how to fix angle of engagement, don't let this tinkering process deter you.

- radius cylinder window, search on YouTube that one too

- buy a better spring, this will increase the time it takes to return the piston so you don't fu*k your gun up

- shim your gears correctly, there are a plethora of YouTube tutorials for all this stuff, this one in particular.

That's really all, sorry I couldn't answer all your questions,

Oh and if you go too cheap on hop ups and barrels, there's no point. You get what you pay for in airsoft, live by that moral. Don't cheap out on internals for sure.

I hope this helps,

Samuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey thanks for your help.
      I am currently running 11.1 on it, now the thing is this gun is second hand, from the previous owners description nothing should really be severely bad, but you never know.
      I took it to its first game last weekend at NAE, and after the first day (after about 4 hours of game time), the gun stops working. I sent it to repairs and they said a gear had broken. £45 for repair.

Although they didn't find any other obvious problem, it has gotten me slightly concerned, and slightly weary on spending too much on upgrades. (And the repair people broke my full auto feature)

But thank you, your advice really is helpful, I'll be looking back on it for any future upgrades

Comment

Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KyleRO Find out more about KyleRO
        Working...
        X