Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on batteries.

Hello everyone,

I've decided I need a new battery for my AEG (Cybergun Beta Spetsnaz), but I'm a tad confused about which voltage to get. Some sites recommend a 9.6v, but when I bought the gun (used) it came with two 8.4v NiMh batteries. My understanding is that a 9.6v battery will increase my ROF, but will it kill the gun?

Also, from what I can gather, Cybergun guns are either JG or CYMA. How do I got about identifying which mine is, and does it make any difference with regards to using a 9.6v battery?

Lastly, if for whatever reason a 9.6v battery will kill my gun, what would I need to upgrade so it won't?

Any help on this matter would be wonderful!

Re: A question on batteries.

The make is more or less irrelevant, there's a chance you could find out via the motor, the colour of the hop unit or rubber, then from what's inside the gearbox, but in terms of batteries I wouldn't worry too much about using a 9.6 nimh, personally I would use a 7.4 lipo, the only problems you could have are over rotation or arching contacts which can be eliminated with a cheap active breaking mosfet, something from gate perhaps also a high torque motor with neodymium magnets, shs short or rocket no more than £30
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Re: A question on batteries.

It's unlikely to kill the gun - most AEGs will handle a 9.6v NiMH or 7.2v Lipo with ease. You'd probably need to change your charger to a lipo ready one if you went down that route whereas the standard charger will do for a 9.6v NiMH. Fitting a mosfet is always useful but it doesn't have to be an auto-braking one and unless you're confident about rewiring the gun I probably wouldn't bother. Sure, the trigger contacts will wear out slightly quicker as will the other moving components but that's a long way down the road so unless you're planning on dropping in an 11.1v lipo or equally crazy powerful battery I'd just buy the 9.6v and see how it goes.
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
      It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cropolite Find out more about Cropolite
      Working...
      X