Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Need help with a hop up bucking please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a hop up bucking please!!!

So today I got a Prometheus purple soft type bucking and went about installing it into the gun, I have had no prior experience nor had I watched any videos on how to do this, I just used common sense.

Apparently my common sense is horrible as I slid the barrel with the bucking on it, into the hop up chamber and then twisted it like an idiot... I think that the part on the bucking that slots into the groove of the barrel (to align it) came out of its groove so it's now incredibly difficult to pull out, I reassembled the gun anyways and it seems to be working great, but it will bug me for sure, knowing that it could potentially be better. My questions are, do you think this will affect performance in any way? And, will it rip or damage the bucking if I try and pull the barrel out? (which would require a crazy amount of energy).

By the way, the excess rubber that goes into the groove is not in the way of the nub, but off to the side.

Re: Need help with a hop up bucking please!!!

from what I can make out... you have twisted your hop rubber (which I have done myself) the effect of that is I could keep 'spinning' around the barrel, that's why the groove is there to keep it in place, secondly if its twisted the little 'extra rubber' or 'bump' that's there is there to adjust your hop, + or -, so if its not aligned where it should be then you will have no adjustment in your hop, so your bb's might either ping drastically upwards after 20m or drastically into the ground after 20meters, I have removed very difficult rubbers in the past by forcing the hop chamber off the barrel thinking omg its gonna break, but some have not broken, and others have broken, so its a 50/50 thing for me, but if I was in your situation, try it, but be prepared to install a new hop rubber. hopefully someone else could advise on a easy recovery method.

Comment

I know this isn't going to help, but why did you change the hop rubber?
      Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Originally posted by Paul55 View Post
        I know this isn't going to help, but why did you change the hop rubber?
        To increase the consistency of BB flight paths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mc View Post
          from what I can make out... you have twisted your hop rubber (which I have done myself) the effect of that is I could keep 'spinning' around the barrel, that's why the groove is there to keep it in place, secondly if its twisted the little 'extra rubber' or 'bump' that's there is there to adjust your hop, + or -, so if its not aligned where it should be then you will have no adjustment in your hop, so your bb's might either ping drastically upwards after 20m or drastically into the ground after 20meters, I have removed very difficult rubbers in the past by forcing the hop chamber off the barrel thinking omg its gonna break, but some have not broken, and others have broken, so its a 50/50 thing for me, but if I was in your situation, try it, but be prepared to install a new hop rubber. hopefully someone else could advise on a easy recovery method.
          Sounds risky but I'll give it a go, thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

samuel.mcdonagh Find out more about samuel.mcdonagh
          Working...
          X