Prowin feeding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prowin feeding issues

Hi, I have just bought a prowin for my G&G Warthog 9". I have installed it into my gun as normal with the green bucking (haven't had chance to buy anything else yet) and I am getting feeding issues. Will only fire one bb and then nothing? Can anyone helpshed some light on the situation, I can't think why it wouldn't work?

Regards
    Phil

Re: Prowin feeding issues

Some rif's do not let propitiatory mags aline correctly with prowin's, put your old hop back in, if all is ok then you will know.
    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

I'm being dumb now but what does propitiary mean?

Comment

Trade marked, or original ones, not knock offs etc.. because you have modded the rif, things might be slightly out of alignment, look down the feed tube at your hop unit, it might be sitting slightly too far back to allow bb's to easily flow through, maybe try some electrical tape between your gearbox and prowin hop up so that you can move the hop forward more, never worked on a warthog so I might be out on this one

Comment

If you push the mag forward or back when it is inserted in the magwell does it feed then, also if you take the hop in your hand and look through the barrel can you see any obstruction, can you easily,without excessive force push bbs through the hop chamber so they roll out the barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Have you chronoed the gun before and after you changed the hop unit
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

You put the bb in the back of the hop up where the nozzle would go through but it just sits there. I had to us a knitting needle just to push it through (I didn't force it)

Had the gun chrono before but not after. It was firing 315 fps but when I was finishing at the end of the day it was only at 280?? That was the old hop up thi
            Last edited by JellyBelly16; 19 September, 2016, 17:42. Reason: Typo

Comment

Also using devil blaster .25 bbs

Comment

Originally posted by JellyBelly16 View Post
                You put the bb in the back of the hop up where the nozzle would go through but it just sits there. I had to us a knitting needle just to push it through (I didn't force it)

Had the gun chrono before but not after. It was firing 315 fps but when I was finishing at the end of the day it was only at 280?? That was the old hop up thi
                That high pressure required is one area to investigate
                try another bucking - maybe maple leaf, some buckings are tighter in some hops than others
                and therefore they create a tighter "pinch" or entry for the bb to pass through
                you should only need "moderate" pressure at best to push bb through

Very likely the bb isn't pushing through and that is where it jams just prior to entering the barrel = misfeed

You could modify the bucking lips but unless you have a spare bucking I would advise against it

If bb passes through the bucking lips easily then the next step is to check if nozzle is clearing enough to chamber the bb
                Some people have hassle with prowin's on some guns & others it just works perfectly

if 315fps was on 0.20's then 280fps is about right if using 0.25's now
                if you originally was chrono'd at 315 on .25's and now down 35fps then you have a bad seal issue

I do advise people if they can keep old unit/barrel complete & experiment on new hop/bucking/barrel
                that way if you get problems you always have the stock unit to go back to until you sort the new upgraded bits out
                hope some of this helps

Comment

Yea cheers for the info. I changed the bucking to a madbull one. Seemed to fire the 5 bbs that I put through it but will try it properly later. It's a little stiffer then the g&g green bucking I had in there. It's hard to describe bit what I could see was that the bb was being fed into the hop up but it was pushed to far into the hop up so the nozzle wasn't reaching the bb, like 3 mm away from the bb.

Like I said it fed 5 bb ok just now so will try in the morning

Comment

Well it didn't work haha. Fed ok but droping off after 15ft and spinning of the left. Inside the hop up as a little swarf. So I put my old hop up as I am sulking haha. Which worked perfectly so now I'm stumped!!
                    Last edited by JellyBelly16; 20 September, 2016, 10:08. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Kepp one barrel working all sweet if you can....

The ProWin is for some a pita like I said
                      watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156t4FrN2KA

have a little tinker with it all but vid shows where a load of issues & problems may arise
                      not my vid - wish I saw it sooner than curse & blind a lot trying to work stuff out for myself

if it is dropping really early then you got little/no hop operating
                      if it veers left/right then look at nub/bump in the hop - probably nub installed wonky applying pressure to one side more
                      you can try to turn the barrel whilst holding hop to center it better and she should fly straight(er)
                      goes without saying ensure barrel is nice & clean and decent bb's especially if using a tbb
                      (just coz your bb's work ok in a stock 6.05 doesn't mean they will work smoothly in a 6.03/6.02 - bb's need to be very good in tbb)

hope some of that vid helps

Comment

Cheers bud. When I finish work tonight I'll have a looksie at it. What brand bbs would you recommend?

I should've said that I'm using a madbull tbh 6.03 aswell. Would rhop work better aswell

Comment

A good normal bucking like Maple or say a prommy flat hop setup will do without any further hassle at this point

G&G bb's are quite good and easily available without going too nutz trying allsorts

There are other things to try on the hop problem but before going into more stuff you should watch vid as it explains a lot
                          Try to diagnose the main issue and go from there - you need to identify if hop unit, bucking lips or nozzle retraction is main problem
                          different hops/bucking and more so the combo in some guns produce different results in working perfectly or not
                          it is a toy gun - how hard can it be ???
                          piece of cake or massive headache after headache is the answer

Comment

Haha ok cheers. I have stuck my old one in for now so will do a bit more research into it all. Thanks for all you adv8ce and input really appreciate it

Comment

G&G M4 guns are quite finnicky with their hop up chamber and most dont even like anything other than G&G hop up chambers.

I once tried to install a ProWin chamber in a friends G&G GC16 M4 rifle and it refused to hold a decent air compression no matter what trick i tried, installed a G&G plastic then G&G metal hop up chamber and both performed flawwlessly.

That said i fitted a ProWin to my Polarstared G&P M4 and without issues works straight away.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JellyBelly16 Find out more about JellyBelly16
                              Working...
                              X