V2 Gearbox Not Level In M4 Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Gearbox Not Level In M4 Receiver

So I have a madbull metal body that I recently fitted, it pretty much fitted fine, apart from one major, major issue. The gearbox is at a angle, the front is pointing up slightly. I have attached a pic with some lines, its hard to see but really is there, If I fit the hop/barrel (363mm) you can see its quite severe. I have had the gearbox fitted with all the pins and it points up. As a result the top of the nizzle is being damaged against the hop unit, so it cannot seal properly so spits bbs out.I had this gearbox in a previous body and it did not do this. Anyone had anything like this and know how to deal with it? Im a little duped as a much cheaper body seems to be made to a better tolerance, or do I need a particular gearbox shell?

Basically all i can think of is to modify the GB shell so that it rotates down to almost level, just it will be quite major work so wont to see advise

Thanks

Re: V2 Gearbox Not Level In M4 Receiver

So like my other madbull related thread I think I am working towards a good solution and will put it here in case anyone has a similar issue.

I have fitted two 0.5mm piston spacers onto the back of the gearbox shell, my thinking here is that I found the body pin to be the point that the GB wants to rotate around, and in the above pic everything forward of it is up, and everything rearward is down.

This pic shows where the shims are fitted (two red lines)

The nice thing is that its pretty simple just to add or remove shims, immediately it looked more level. so I took some pics with the top receiver on looking as close to straight down it as I can get, I then crudely drew a circle and roughly marked the centre. I think its fairly clear which was the before shot (the 1st one). It still isnt perfect, but I will have a look at my stock G&P today an see how that looks, also would need to make sure the pic is perfectly centred. I have not test fired yet, that will be later, fingers crossed this resolves the issues I had
    2016-10-16 09.23.46.jpg2016-10-16 09.43.25.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

woottonp love airsofting with my mates, and jsut love having fun Find out more about woottonp
    Working...
    X