This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob hop up question

Went for a firing test today, with my m14, and lucky I didn't go to that skirmish today as having the same dam problem of the bb dropping. Before I cleaned my gun, they were going high, now there going low. I was watching this video on crazyNCman and he was explaining what the hop up was and what it does and I seemed so recall him put the barrel in a certain way, into the hop up. Is that why my hop up isn't working? Because at the mo, all I do is put the barrel in any way into the hop up, I didn't know there was a certain way you put it in. Have a made a childish error with this? And is this why my hop up isn't working?

Edit: I think he said you had to put the "cut away" at the end of the barrel under the hop up nub thing, which puts the backspin on the bb?

Thanks for the help

Re: Noob hop up question

Yes you have made a newbie error!

Don't panic it ain't the end of the world. I am going to assume that you are competent enough with a hammer and chisel as you have already taken the gun apart so here's what you do.

The barrel has a small window at the rear with 2 small slots cut into the sides of the barrel a little further down with a thin groove cut into the under side of the barrel opposite the window.

Now look at the hop rubber, In On the inside it will have a a small bulge and below this a thin strip of rubber. The bulge must line up with the window and the strip slots into the groove in the barrel. Push the Bucking (hop rubber) over the barrel aligning the two points.

Take a look at the hop unit there is a little arm inside the unit that holds a tiny easy to loose bit of rubber called a Nub. This nub and arm must line up above the window on the barrel where the bulge pushes through. The Nub sits inside the Hop Unit in a small cradle that moves up and down when you turn the hop adjustment wheel. When you re assemble the hop unit look down the barrel with the feed tube pointing down and adjust the hop, you should see a bulge appear at the top of the barrel when the feed tube is pointing down. If this is centered and even then you have successfully reassembled the hop unit.

Remember to replace the little C'ring that snaps back into the hop unit clicking into the 2 slots cut into the barrel. Take your time when doing this and place a few drops of silicon oil on the outside of the Bucking before you push it into the hop unit.

That should see you right.

Comment

I just wanna kiss you! Thank you so so much! It finally, at last shoots straight and very straight! It's been "broken" for ages now and it was down to my noobish knowledge that I was putting it on the wrong way into the hop up all this time. Thanks so much! You don't know how happy I am

Comment

Originally posted by Queboo12 View Post
        I just wanna kiss you!
        Hey, hey! Next thing you'll be asking for sex

Comment

Originally posted by Queboo12 View Post
          I just wanna kiss you! Thank you so so much! It finally, at last shoots straight and very straight! It's been "broken" for ages now and it was down to my noobish knowledge that I was putting it on the wrong way into the hop up all this time. Thanks so much! You don't know how happy I am
          Err! Unless you are 21 with legs that go up to your armpits I'll just take the thank you! :p

Comment

Nah Just feels good fixing your own problem for once (with advice), for the first time without having to send it of to a techie or selling it because of one stupid problem, happened with my 2 provious guns. Didn't mean kiss him litrallay but just like a way of saying yay!, I suppose

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
            Working...
            X