• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help for my G&G CM18 Mod1

Hey guys,

Need some advice im thinking of putting the following in my G&G CM18 mod1;

- ProWin Hopup
    - Tightbore barrel

Would I need to purchase an additional outer barrel or will the exsiting one be okay? And would I need to changd anythingelse or will it just be install and use?

Cheers.

Re: Need some help for my G&G CM18 Mod1

That will work fine, seeing as you're going for the prowin, you may want to get a decent maple leaf bucking and nub
    The clown has no penis

Comment

Okay awesome! I assume you can buy the same length inner barrel as my current outter barrel to save buying a new one?

You will have to forgive me Im still pretty new to this ��

Comment

TBH if i were you i'd stick to the G&G Green rubber and bucking, it works pretty well.

Not wanting to dampen your spirits and TBH the ProWin Hop up chamber is damned good, the only reason i am discouraging you form doing this is that G&G CM16 AEGs tend to be really and i mean really picky about the hop up chamber used if it isn't anything other than G&G.

I tried to install a ProWin in a CM16 once replacing a plastic stock G&G hop up chamber and for the life of me it refused to cooperate with the ProWin, was getting air seal leak every 2 or 3 shots, in the end I installed a G&G metal hop up chamber and lo and behold Air seal leaks disappeared.

If you still want to install it then by no means go ahead, just be sure to check the air seal before you go to a skirmish otherwise you might find every other shot dropping off badly.

Before you ask here's how you check it.
        Make sure gun is unloaded
        Plug a battery in
        Turn the gun upside down
        Look into the Mag chamber
        Place a piece of paper (small 1 x 1cm piece of newspaper will do) over the hop up chamber hole where the BBs would go in
        Place gun into semi and fire 1 shot

If the paper barely moves or just budges off then try again, give it about 5 shots, get the same result then you are good to go.
        If the Paper flies out the mag well, you have an Air seal leak

This basically means that the air nozzle is not seating in the hop up chamber well and air is leaking when the shot is fired, when the air leaks it diverts some to the BB loading hole which in turn pushes the paper up. If theres no leak 99% of the air rushes down the barrel whilst vibration might move the paper.

Comment

Yeah I have heard that G&G are a bit funny with non-G&G stuff... how about the tightbore? I assume thats okay to put in? Without too many issues?

Comment

The tightbore should not be a problem. However, I second the reservations about the Prowin hop unit; been there, done that, still got the hop unit in a bag.

Comment

Tightbore will be fine no issues. Same my ProWin sat in its bag for half a year until I got my G&P gun where it fitted perfectly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

psy1x Find out more about psy1x
              Working...
              X