Help needed with g&g cm16 srl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with g&g cm16 srl

Hey need some help I've noticed my m4 was acting up shooting semi only even when on full auto so I opend the gb and noticed a wire to motor was split so I brought new ones and was told its my selector plate so brought a new one and still only shoots single shot I don't understand what could be wrong I did notice a lil split in my wire from etu to MOSFET but was told that couldn't be the problem as still shoots any ideas on what I can do as don't really want to use it and make it worse lol and what makes things even worse I've got a game tomorrow lol so any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Re: Help needed with g&g cm16 srl

I'd use it semi only tomorrow, you need to get the gearbox out of the gun. Assemble the grip, motor, gearbox etc out of the receiver and test it all out, see what the selector plate is doing. Check your fire selector switch is actually moving the plate all the way on full auto and check your disconnecting latch in the gearbox if the selector plate and selector are moving like they should.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: Help needed with g&g cm16 srl

SR-L is one of them ETU G&G's

if that is shooting semi only on both modes then chances are the ETU unit inside box might need investigating
      it fires on auto/3rnd burst not by holding up the Cut Off Lever - but by the selector plate toughing a tiny microswitch behind the ETU trigger switch
      when the selector plate is moved to auto, that tiny tiny switch is engaged and the mosfet unit knows the gun is in auto/3rnd burst

Sounds to me that that tiny "FULL AUTO" titchy microswitch is not working correctly to inform the mosfet unit to run on auto/3rnd burst
      The switches used in the ETU, there are 3 of them: trigger, COL, auto at rear of ETU - well they are not the most robust industrial ones
      The selector plate is a DMR type, has a bit more material removed to fire mechanically on semi - the electronics take over the Full Auto if switch is engaged
      (just saying this about the selector plate in case you bought an aftermarket one)

I would bet that either that tiny microswitch for auto is not being closed correctly for some reason either faulty or plate not closing switch
      OR maybe one of the signal wires is damaged - there is a collection of 4 very thin wires running back to mosfet unit.
      This consists of 2 black 2 red wires: one is a supply wire & the other 3 are simply 3 signal wires from trigger, COL, Auto switches
      perhaps the AUTO signal wire might have got damaged ???

PITA - I know this coz I ripped out the ETU unit and went back to old school non ETU - needed a new non-dmr selector plate, shs switch etc...
      if gun is under warranty - get it looked at is my best advise, it is not the conventional switching system inside but a bespoke ETU

auto switch or the auto signal wire is my first guess, if the ETU mosfet unit in stock tube fails it normally fails completely like mine did
      get in touch with retailer rather than balls it up further

edit - that selector plate you fitted - if it was an aftermarket one - that will trigger the COL on AUTO
      it should not lift the COL - otherwise the ETU unit will get informed the sector gear is in parked position and will stop/complete the cycle

Uhmmm that didn't quite make sense so I'll try to explain but probably make it more confusing no doubt.....

The good thing about the ETU, is that it waits for the gun's cycle to complete
      This means that you only have to tap or light quick pull of trigger & release and the gun will fire and CONTINUE to cycle
      this goes for single shot semi - quick pull+release
      or
      on 3rnd bust or auto - normally on a "conventional" aeg if you release trigger too early you can get the gun stuck in the "dead zone" where it parked with COL still upwards
      The ETU eliminates this by knowing when gun is in auto, when trigger is released and will continue with the present cycle until the the COL is triggered
      even if you tape the trigger and relase, the cycle continues until the COL is triggered and THEN then gun parks at end of cycle

CLEVER $HIT - when it all works

Now - IF you changed the selector plate to an after market or even another G&G "normal" selector plate then this is where you might be running into more trouble
      coz it will lift the COL in auto and get the ETU mosfet unit all confused I reckon
      The ETU M4's selector plate is basically a regular M4 selector but with a bit of material removed around the COL area on plate
      Hence if anybody buys the ETU kit to convert their M4 into an ETU M4 - that is why they supply you with a new selector plate for the ETU kit

yeah, like I said it is all great when it works but a pita when it don't
      clever idea - but not quite 101% as robust or flawless, but good progress & hopefully a better revised model will arrive maybe
      Last edited by Sitting Duck; 30 October, 2016, 11:20.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyclops Find out more about Cyclops
      Working...
      X