loud G36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loud G36

Hi I have a G36 which is extremelly loud when it fires and it sounds like it blank fires when it doesnt, to sum it up it doesnt sound healthy. what can i do to make it sound abit more nicer and quiter?

weird question but its hard to explain.

Re: loud G36

what mags are you using ?
    what ammo type?
    do you get a loud thud from the gear box ?
    do the bbs go from the barrel but not far ?
    does the motor make any weird noises ?

Comment

Any mods to it?

Could be mis matched barrel to cylinder.

Anyway.... loud is good :D

Comment

what mags are you using: I've just modified it for M4 mags but it was like it on the g36 mags

what ammo type: .20's

do you get a loud thud from the gear box: yes that would best describe the sound.

do the bbs go from the barrel but not far: the range is prity good on it, wouldnt say it was short

does the motor make any weird noises: not really its more of the thud noise.

I would say to add it has been chrono'd at 360-366. and work prity well in all other area's just the noise.

Comment

hmmm it maybe the cylinder head pad has worn out , so there no cushioning of the piston head hitting it causing the thump,

maybe the there is no grease or lube on the internal working causing it to hit harder in a certain place due to no lube for smooth travel ,

what make mags are you using ?

if you are using mid caps , spray a small amount of silicone lube in the mag down the spring track then run a few bb's in it to lube the track , but run the majority of the lube out of the mag before taking it to a game

Comment

as guard says, cylinder heads worn out, by a new cylinder set.

While your in there clean out all the grease, re shim it with new shims and apply nice shiny new grease, just a smidge.

Dont forget to check for signs of wear.. if something like a bearing or bushings gone cuasing excess movement its better to catch it early.

Comment

Tell it to be quiet.

If it's the thud, I'd go with the rest of the advice, most likely cylinder head.
              There is a small possibility you have an un-matching cylinder head/ piston head too though. (Ie one is a silent type the other aint)
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by SSTSparkz View Post
                Hi I have a G36 which is extremelly loud when it fires and it sounds like it blank fires when it doesnt, to sum it up it doesnt sound healthy. what can i do to make it sound abit more nicer and quiter?

weird question but its hard to explain.
                I don't suppose it's a JG is it as mine is really loud when compared to the Aug I have. If it is have you tried the alignment screw in the handle to reduce the noise as it's mentioned in the manual?

Comment

that or the spring guide is a basic one, not bearing version, this can cause the spring to "kick" when it releases the tension, causing a thump, I allways change it!

Comment

sorry for the late reply, I think what is best to do is to open the g36 get some pictures together and try to look what i have in the gearbox and see what the issue is. ill reply back to let you know of my findings.

Comment

Ally piston heads are generally more noisy than polly ones, may be the case.

To be honest, if everythng else works fine and it just makes a bit of a 'clack' as the spring pushes the piston to the cylinder head. I would do nothing and just carry on. Enjoy the noise as most are very quiet if anything it adds a tiny bit of realism to it.

OR is it a noise that has just started, in which case it would need a bit of investigation sooner rather than later. To protect any further complications starting.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SSTSparkz Find out more about SSTSparkz
                      Working...
                      X