TM P90 Upgrade Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 Upgrade Help.

Now that i have completed my previous project (HK416) and sold it on, ive got 300 quid to spend on my new project, a TM P90.

as this is going to be my primary for indoors and outdoors i want it to be a competitive aeg, i know that its not going to be a systema beater, it would be nice and i got the 416 close but its not gonna happen (unless someone knows a secret they are willing to share!!) but i want somthing thats gonna compete with all the AKs, Armalites and Other aegs that the masses seem to favor.

ive already had to replace the fuse and tappet plate due to a problem with the anti reversal latch and I have a mosfet all lined up from a local supplier which will give me the 3 round burst i want.

but heres where you guys come in....
    What other parts in there should i replace/upgrade to improve the performance and reliablity of the gun? Ive seen several tune up kits for the p90 but no idea which would be the best value for what i want. so if you can provide brands and parts you can recomend or opinions on parts you have used it would greatly help me.

Requirements and limits are:

The power cant be above 1J (328fps with 0.2s) as thats the limit here in NI.

currently shooting at 280fps and 15.5 rps, accuracy is good to about 50-60 feet.

would like to improve on all aspects, rof, accuracy and range.

ive just realised what a wall of text iv thrown at you and i apologise for that, but thanks for reading and thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

Again, thanks guys!
    -Will.

Re: TM P90 Upgrade Help.

This is on the 2nd page.... pretty much with the TM P90 you slap in a tight bore and laugh away >.> seriously you hardly need to touch this amazing gun.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54193

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Improve Rate of fire = Element Max Speed motor.

33rps on a 9.6v.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

my tm p90 has a twist barrell in and runs on a 7.4v 2200mah lipo and it runs pretty quick great distance and acuraccy pisses some of the larger aeg boys when i out range them hehe

Comment

ok so they awsome standard, sweet and thanks for that link Pope i must of missed it whilst trawling for the info. However i would like to put the fps up to the 1j mark, at the moment if i playing outside i use 0.25g ammo and its taking a while to get on target, most people just step outta the way of it (the swine!) can any one recomend a spring to bring it up to 328fps and also will i need to replace the piston and bearings for this?

Just on a side note, can anyone tell me the benifit of the tune up kits that ive seen about the place, they replace basicly everything in the gearbox.

edit: just to ask can anyone point me in the direction of obtaining a TK twist barrel? ive heard good things about them but cant find them anywhere?!!

Comment

Use black ammo. They can't step out of the way if they can't see it comming.

Comment

ohh, never thot of that. il go order some now!!!

Comment

FTK's just replace the majority of internal components, and there's no difference in them compared to just replacing the parts.

The best is either the Guarder or Systema kits.

I'd stick with a Madbull V2 barrel, the twists are harder to find, and for the price, not worth it OVER the madbull.

For a spring, go for an M100 spring or 1J spring. Guarder SP90 may do. You will only need to replace the bushings with metal ones.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

The M90 spring will give almost 328 spot on! You should be able to get a Guarder for a tenner. Twist barrels are (apparently) out of production so you will have to hunt around for one.

Defo use 0.25's they are about the best compromise for the P90. If your internals are completely stock then you only need to change the plastic bushings for metal and even then it is not a must do but most of us have.
                  And then re-check the shimming.

There is no need to change the piston or piston head both are really good and will last and last. There are a couple of things you will need to do when you change the spring. There is a small weight that holds the piston head to the piston. If you are lucky you will be able to unscrew the piston head from the piston then remove the spring pop in the new one and you are away. If not then you will have to cut out the small disk at the center of the piston head. This will reveal a small cross head screw. Unscrew this then do as above.

If you want to remove the weight you will need a small bolt and locking nut to replace the screw.

I would also remove the second tooth from the piston and possibly shave a little off of the third. To be clear the first tooth is the one furthest away from the piston head. The only original parts I have ever had fail in my P90's were the tappet plates. These are available from guarder and King Arms for about £10.

If you have a mosfet on it's way then whilst you are at it I would change over to Deans connectors and if the mood takes you lipo's.

G&P M120 or Element Max Turbo motors are the way to go if you want hi rate's of fire. TM P90's will run almost any voltage of battery from stock but remember with great power comes great malfunctions!

One day I will write a full P90 tuning guide but for know this should do.

Also the tuning kit's that are available are very nice but on the whole the only bits you want are the bushings and the spring.

Play Safe...

Comment

ive already had to replace the tappet plate with a red kingarms one so thats no bother.
                    not too king on switching to lipos tbh, i prefare just chucking a battery on charge and forgeting about it for an hour and not having to worry about it becoming a plasma 'nade! ive tried a 9.6 battery and it didnt realy make a big difference in the rof so il just stick to the 8.4 (unless the upgrades require more juice)

so currently on my shopping list is the following:

Mosfet
                    Madbull TB (6.03)
                    M90 spring
                    metal bushings/bearings (if i can find the right bearings)
                    high speed motor, is there any real difference between the G&P m120 and the Element Max turbo motors?

and il check the shimming while im at it.

will the stock gears be ok with the higher speed motor?

Comment

The TM Gears will be fine.

I would say that the G&P motor is a better motor it's been around longer and has been tested extensively by players. But the Element is remarkable for the money and is faster.

If you 9.6v made very little difference to the ROF then i suggest you get a different 9.6 as the P90 should go like the clappers on a decent 9.6.:D

Don't be scared of LiPo's 95% of things that are said on the net about LiPo's is utter bollocks, Though you should not leave any battery you are charging unattended.

No one makes V6 Bearings to the best of my knowledge. You can put 6mm bearings in for the bevel and sector gears but the spur gear needs the oval bushing.

Can I suggest that you try it without the TB barrel for a couple of games I have not found one that makes any noticeable difference to the gun in either grouping, range or accuracy.

Comment

element and i think guarder make v6 bearings found on e hob
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                          element and i think guarder make v6 bearings found on e hob
                          Thanks but these are Bushings not Bearings.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ColdFire047 real name Will. Find out more about ColdFire047
                          Working...
                          X