Need new solder - What would the techies recommend? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new solder - What would the techies recommend? :D

As the title suggests I have ran out of solder - for my odd little jobs on batts and wiring.

Well, I've had a look on some online hardware stores but it seems there's a few different types and grades of solder. So I was wondering what's my best bet, and what site is cheapest

Should be ok to post links, as I don't think Z1 sell solder....

thanks
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Re: Need new solder - What would the techies recommend? :D

basically you want the solder with the highest content of silver i think the one i get is 6% or something. lead free with flux core to clean the surface.

Comment

Re: Need new solder - What would the techies recommend? :D

I reccomend Out dated Lead Solder, They still produce the best joints that last IMO.
      However its really hard to get hold of because of the Health and safety issues about it being "Lead".....

I personally have not had an issue with the stuff but if you do find any, make sure the room your working in is very well ventilated.
      Also you cannot use it at a work place e.g. in a company because of their Health & Safety regulations.

If you do wanna go down the lead free road i'd say get one With a lot of flux content as its what makes the solder flow better.

But I would personally choose it over all lead-free solder alternatives ive come across.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taylorb Find out more about Taylorb
      Working...
      X