G3 sas barell removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 sas barell removal

Here is the hop-up on the barell, im guessing something needs removing on it to take the barell away as the barell wont come off easily so im guessing if i put my almighty strength into it something would break.

heres the hop-up:

heres some numbers to pick from ( what to remove ) :

Re: G3 sas barell removal

By the looks of it the hop wheel comes off, to reveal a barrel clip

Comment

took 4 off, nothing underneath, as in nothing to move or take off

Comment

take 4 off.
        the underneath 4 there should be a C-clip going round underneath the barrel. remove that, and you should be able to slip the hop unit off.

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
          take 4 off.
          the underneath 4 there should be a C-clip going round underneath the barrel. remove that, and you should be able to slip the hop unit off.
          oh yeah lol, didnt notice that. appreciated mods please close

Comment

hmm, took the c-clip off but its not just sliding off, its still quite stubbern

Comment

Twist and pull slowly, if it's still super tight, try get some silicone spray in there. Make sure the hop is all the way off, to avoid damaging the rubber

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                Twist and pull slowly, if it's still super tight, try get some silicone spray in there. Make sure the hop is all the way off, to avoid damaging the rubber
                how do i know when its turned off, im dumb when it comes to internal work and i dont have any silicone spray :l

Comment

When you take number 5 off, the hop up is loose and shouldn't be on.

If you look at the spiral on the end of 5, there's a corresponding bit on the others that sticks out a little bit.

Pull that bit down slightly and it will be completely out the way.

I'm warning you if it's stiff, you may tear the hop up bucking so have a new one ready.

You have to grab the hop up with one hand, the barrel with the other, and slowly twist and pull at both ends, changing direction slowly.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Originally posted by HunterAndy View Post
                    When you take number 5 off, the hop up is loose and shouldn't be on.

If you look at the spiral on the end of 5, there's a corresponding bit on the others that sticks out a little bit.

Pull that bit down slightly and it will be completely out the way.

I'm warning you if it's stiff, you may tear the hop up bucking so have a new one ready.

You have to grab the hop up with one hand, the barrel with the other, and slowly twist and pull at both ends, changing direction slowly.
                    dont think you can remove no. 5 o.O its just a stiff piece of plastic probably molded in

Comment

Bugger sorry, 4 typo =\

If you look on the hop up end of 4, you should notice a spiral that when you turn, moves the lever down to apply more hop, up to apply less hop up.

So by removing number 4, (finally got it right) you have removed any lock for the hop up lever.

Be VEWWWWYY careful though, the nub just rests on top of the lever, it will almost definately fall out.

Comment

Bugger sorry, 4 typo =\

If you look on the hop up end of 4, you should notice a spiral that when you turn, moves the lever down to apply more hop, up to apply less hop up.

So by removing number 4, (finally got it right) you have removed any lock for the hop up lever.
                        thats makes everything more confusing as i dont know what the f*ck your talking about lol! all i can say is that this is not coming off easily and may take some silicon spray so where do i buy this stuff and how much, and can i use it for other things?

edit: hop up? its just a piece of hard plastic, theres nothing there. i dunno if the hop-up has gone walkies or your high and replying to the wrong thread lol

Comment

I would have made a video but seem's i've lost my spare G3 hop up =\.

What I meant to say was-

You've taken 4, and the C- clip off thus far.

The hop up is free, because number 4 holds the lever for the hop up in place.
                          By removing it, the hop up lever is loose, and will hang down.

So don't worry about the hop up being in the way or turned on, it won't get in the way.

All you need to do now, is hold the plastic hop up chamber with one hand, hold the barrel with the other, and twist in opposite directions whilst pulling, changing direction every so often.

But slowly.
                          Last edited by HunterAndy; 12 June, 2010, 00:10.

Comment

I'll see if i can make a video. Hang on.
                            you do that.. thank you good sir

Comment

i think the hop-up maybe missing, i mean i cant find anything but at the same time, im not sure the previous owner even opened it as it was bought in brand new condition

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                              Working...
                              X