Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G36C, selector plate problem

Hi guys.

My brothers G36C selector plate is dodgey. Single shot and safe modes are perfect but full auto isn't.

We have to hold the fire selector forwards towards the full auto area to keep it firing on that setting. We can't just click it onto full auto and leave it there because then it doesn't shoot.

Anyone got any ideas? It's a dodgey connection. I know what needs to be done to fix it, but I'm not sure how I should go about doing it. I don't want to bend the wrong parts to get stronger connections.

Re: TM G36C, selector plate problem

Sound like the cam is the problem, unless you can see damage on the plate?

Have a look at the cam, mine had a hairline crack in it, so when under pressure from full auto, it just cracked in middle, and didn't push the plate forward.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
      We have to hold the fire selector forwards towards the full auto area to keep it firing on that setting. We can't just click it onto full auto and leave it there because then it doesn't shoot.
      Do you mean "shoots on semi" or "doesn't shoot at all". If it's no.2 then your trigger-selector plate contacts are bent down and so aren't making contact with the selector plate. They're two bits of brass coming out of the geabox. Bend them up again so that they brush against the brass plate on the inside of the selector plate.

If it's no.1, then as jagilliham suggested, you may have a faulty cam, or selector plate. If they're both fine, check that the selector plate is disengaging the cut off lever properly.

Comment

Number 1. It shoots on semi, and shoots on full when I keep the fire selector pushed forward.

Comment

If you take the grip off, then put the fire selector back in, does it fire when the cam is pushing the plate into the full auto position?

Comment

I'm not sure, what's the 'cam' anyway?

I haven't fiddled with it yet.

Comment

^ That's the cam.

As you move the fire selector, it pushes the plate backwards and forwards.

Comment

Oh THAT piece, yes I recognise that. And yes it does fire when that's pushing it into the full auto position but like I said I have to keep the fire selector pushed for it to make a connection.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
                Working...
                X