TM Sig 552 upgrade discussion and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Sig 552 upgrade discussion and help

Hi just a discussion on upgrading, i have a stock TM, and wish to upgrade it for greater accuracy and range would be good too,
    Just seeing if anyone knew the options
    example if i get new spring is it a must for gears and then if thats done is it a must for a better motor etc, what can i get away with doing with out changing as much etc thanks

Re: TM Sig 552 upgrade discussion and help

Easy. Upgrade the spring. Add metal bushings and a tightbore barrel and run a 7.4v lipo in the foregrip. No need to change motor.

Comment

thanks matey, i see your a sig man too, any suggestions at all whats good to get, i have also a 550 with great range than the 552 its just low on fps

Comment

First thing I would suggest is give the barrel a good clean! If you've never done it before then it's bound to be pretty dirty and you'd be suprised at how badly a bit of dirt in the barrel can affect the accuracy. If things are still bad in terms of accuracy I would possibly looking at the hop unit (rubbers and buckings etc) and if that still fails, it would probably be worth investing in a tightbore barrel, I would recommend madbull barrels as they seem to be the best from what I've heard and read. I don't think that the barrel will make much of a difference but if all else fails than there's no harm in trying

For ROF increase, it depends how much you want to go for. The EG1000 motor which is the stock motor in the 552 is not slow by any means but it's not the fastest. Again, I'd suggest giving the gearbox a good clean and regreasing before spending any money. You'll often find an improvement with basic maintanance . Another option as mentioned is a new battery. You could try getting a new quality battery that would fit, an 8.4v NiMH battery (standard in most guns) or a 7.4v LiPo battery. There are some issues involved in switching to LiPo as well as some costs but nothing that can't be handled. There are a lot of topics on the forum about them so have a search and read up on them. Last resort would be motor, unless you're looking for a considerable ROF increase. There are plenty of choices to look at in terms of this but a few will requiring upgrading of wiring and possibly, but less likely, things such as gears.

In terms of FPS (noticed you said it was low) you'd just have to throw in a new spring. Stock TM guns come at 260-280. It depends on your site's FPS limits. If it's 350 fps you could go for a M100 rated spring but if it's 328 you would want a 1 Joule rated spring. It's up to you to find out. Saying that, I don't think you'd need anything more powerful than a 1 J spring, my TM P90 has astounding range stock and it fires at 250-260 fps.

And that's about it from me :P If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poeticjustice Find out more about poeticjustice
        Working...
        X