Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA L85

Now just wanted peoples thoughts on this:

i'd like to increase my ROF, what would be best?

Re: AA L85

MOSFET and a 9.6 or even 11.1lipo

Comment

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
      MOSFET and a 9.6 or even 11.1lipo
      i'm think 9.6v 4600 that'll last a day surely and whats a mosfet?

Comment

Oh dear....

Forget the 11.1 lipo - stupid idea. It won't last a minute. A 9.6v battery is a good idea. You'll probably get away with a 7.2v lipo.

Either way, the AA version isn't the best platform to start a high speed set up.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          Oh dear....

Forget the 11.1 lipo - stupid idea. It won't last a minute. A 9.6v battery is a good idea. You'll probably get away with a 7.2v lipo.

Either way, the AA version isn't the best platform to start a high speed set up.
          yeh not the best but still good though, just looking for a sensible way of increasing rof

Comment

I ran 11.1 fine till I over charged the pack and it doubled in size and had to be destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by paulyboy View Post
              I ran 11.1 fine till I over charged the pack and it doubled in size and had to be destroyed
              not a fan of lipo tbh, rather be safer with 9.6 battery, cheers for your info peeps

Comment

a mosfet is a computer chip that helps regulate the current etc, and can help improve RoF. Especially the cheetah ones, let you boost RoF to like 30% extra
                KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                mix'n'match M4
                Maruzen P99

Comment

I put a 9.6v battery in my AA L85. It broke after maybe 500 rounds? Piston just stripped, although the ROF was impressive whilst it lasted.

Might want to consider doing the piston spacer mod so that you can use standard pistons (as the L85 takes a piston with 3(?) extra teeth) and then it will be much easier and cheaper to upgrade to a better piston.

And unless you have some sort of external supply, a 9.6v 4600mah won't fit in your gun. I'd suggest that you get a quality 9.6v 1500 mini battery. I have a similar 8.4v in my P90 and I can get through about 3000 rounds before it runs out.

Another option is simply to upgrade the motor. I like the TM EG1000, it's the only one I've ever used as an upgrade, though you may want something a bit meatier: perhaps a G&P M120 motor as it is faster. The EG1000 is by no means slow but there are faster ones out there, like the one mentioned
                  TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                  Tokyo Marui P90
                  HFC M9 Special Forces
                  KSC Glock 18c

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theairsofttank Airsofter, The British Army Find out more about theairsofttank
                  Working...
                  X