Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA G36 firing/(selector?) issues

Hi All

Recently I got myself a CA G36K and not long into my firstr skirmish with it I started ot have issues with it not firing as it should. I found this post in this forum but my problem seems slightly different and didn't want to necropost.

Anyhow my problem seems to be, at first a trigger issue. Sometimes after firing a full auto burst the gun will only fire full auto. Also at times the trigger just locks up as if it is on safe. I spoke with a couple of guys at my local playing site and got mixed answers. A few suggest I check the tappet plate. Another suggested it could be a gearbox issue. My limited knowledge of AEGs would point me to the tappet plate but that's as far as I've got in my thinking.

Anyway what do you folks think? Also I need some advice of how to get the lower receiver out without damaging the HOP unit as when I tried to take the gun apart the other week the HOP didn't want to budge.

Cheers

Re: CA G36 firing/(selector?) issues

Correction. I meant the selector plate. Can't see how the tappet plate would affect the trigger.

My bad >.>

Comment

Have the same problem i think on a jg g36 that im repairing for a friend.
      Firstly i would suggest move the left hand (looking from rear of gun) fire selector and see if the right hand one moves at all.
      If the answer to that is no then you need a new right hand fire selector cam.
      The right hand cam is the one that puts the gun into safe so if the cam is broke inside you can move the left selector switch all you like the gun will always stay safe, however if you move both together the gun should fire on all three settings ok.

Hope that helps
      lee

Comment

The selectors do move together as they should.

Comment

When you say will only fire full auto, do you mean in physically won't move to semi, or fires auto on semi?

Again for the saftey, does the trigger stick? When does this happen? Randomly, or when moving from safe to semi/auto?

Comment

Again I find my post in error. I can't seem to modify my original post. So to rectify:

The problem is effectively opposite fo what i have previously described. When firing fully automatic the gun is fine. Sometimes though when i go back to firing fully auto after I have stopped the gun will only fire semi automatically. Also the trigger refuses to move like the selector is on safe. However this is less frequent than the first issue.

Sorry for the mix up.

Cheers

Mods - If you read this could you please integrate this post into my original one. Many Thanks

Comment

OK,

Going to be a selector or cut off leaver issue. I'm thinking selector plate as that would also explain the safety issue.

Can you take the gearbox out, and take a picture of the selector plate?

Comment

I can get a picture if I can seperate the hop/barrel from the gearbox. Last tim I took it apart it seemed to be reluctant to move and didn't want to force it

Comment

The hop up is sprung. Push it forward, then pivot the gearbox out.
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Right well I got the gearbox out and took some pictures @jagilliam

However I did some test shooting with it eaerlier and the problem seems to have evaporated. During it's first skirmish it hammered down with rain. Could it possibly have been a water related issue?

Comment

If you can upload them (if they taken anyway) can have a look.

If all working well, fingers crossed just a gremlin!

Possibly water, but not very likely!

Comment

@jagilliam Here are some pictures of the gearbox/lower receiver....

Let me know if you need any more shots. Had to use my phone at the time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ryan2390 Find out more about ryan2390
                        Working...
                        X