Star mags won't feed properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star mags won't feed properly

I have some Star mid-caps for my Dobys M4 however they don't feed properly. I know its not the gun itself as my TM mag works flawlessly. Anyone know why they don't feed properly?

Re: Star mags won't feed properly

Little more information!?

How old are they, do they work in other guns etc?

Comment

Chances are it's the mags, they aren't great. Try stretching out the springs.

Comment

I bought them off these forums. They all look in working order, no cracks, splits are anything like that. I haven't another rifle to try them in.

Comment

It may well be the mags, you can try to open them up and stretch the springs. Or at your next skirmish you should have no problem finding somebody who has M4 mags, ask them nicely to see if they work in their RIF.

If they do, then looks like your gun, if not, definitely the mags. In which case, I'd probably return them. Obviously you can't really open then up, play about, then return them if don't work then.

Comment

Its definately not the rifle. As the TM mag works flawlessly. I'll stretch the springs and see how that goes. If they break then i guess i'll just order some new ones. My rifle is running on a 9.6 2200mah battery instead of the 8.4v 1400mah. Could the problem be the rate of fire being too much for the mags.

Comment

You say that, but it could be your gun is fussy towards the TM mags.

The high ROF would look to be the likely cause, maybe a stretch will encourage them up fast enough.

Comment

I'll give them a stretch and post the results tommorrow. Fingers crossed it will work. Thanks for all the replies guys

Comment

i had this problem, i put some lube in them and they worked fine after that
                  PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

yh, a few drops off silicone oil. done it in my mp5 and my shotty

Comment

Try pushing the mags forward a bit in your magwell, that works for me. If that does solve the problem, put a bit of tape either on the back of the magwell or the back of each mag itself.

Alternatively, you could try pushing them back too
                      TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                      Tokyo Marui P90
                      HFC M9 Special Forces
                      KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Not been able to test today as the weather has been dyer. Fingers crossed the weather will be in my side tommorrow. All the springs are stretched ready for testing phase. I'll also try the tape.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
                        Working...
                        X