AEG springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG springs

ive heard allot about spring tensions settling into place after a few thousand rounds and loosing around 20 30 fps so if i had a 332 spring put into a gearbox would it settle at a lower fps? would it be an idea to get a 350 spring and let it drop within the site limits? is that an option at all or is it so touch and go that theres no point?

thanks guys

Re: AEG springs

Not really much point.

Firstly 350 - 330 isn't going to gain you anything in terms of range or accuracy.

Secondly, I'm sure the higher quality springs retain their original rating more or less anyway!

Comment

no point, what if it never settles..

i fit a sp90 in an m14 last night and got 310 fps, took it apart again cleaned it all regreased, expanded the o ring etc usual service stuff and increased it to 330 fps.. what im saying is how do you know whats settling and whats the result of a years abuse...

I service rifs much like i do my car.. once yearly mots..

its the best way to keep your gun at the right fps..

Settling should only be a worst case like if a gun got put away with the spring compressed for weeks on end all the time. would probably bring about settling faster than others.. ive done an article if you want to read it

http://eagle6.co.uk/beta/reviews/how...ce-of-springs/

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Not really much point.

Firstly 350 - 330 isn't going to gain you anything in terms of range or accuracy.

Secondly, I'm sure the higher quality springs retain their original rating more or less anyway!
        i did think that actually they would be a better quality spring il just go for the 332 then cheeeers james you going to be at twa next game date?

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
          no point, what if it never settles..

i fit a sp90 in an m14 last night and got 310 fps, took it apart again cleaned it all regreased, expanded the o ring etc usual service stuff and increased it to 330 fps.. what im saying is how do you know whats settling and whats the result of a years abuse...

I service rifs much like i do my car.. once yearly mots..

its the best way to keep your gun at the right fps..

Settling should only be a worst case like if a gun got put away with the spring compressed for weeks on end all the time. would probably bring about settling faster than others.. ive done an article if you want to read it

http://eagle6.co.uk/beta/reviews/how...ce-of-springs/

yeah i just heard allot about loosing fps so i thought id ask thanks allot for your help

Comment

Every spring will lose power, especially if abused. Getting a higher quality one with heat treatments on it, is the best way to ensure you get a higher quality spring. which is closer to its final power rating.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
              i did think that actually they would be a better quality spring il just go for the 332 then cheeeers james you going to be at twa next game date?
              Day & night game :D

Put a decent M100 in there (Systema would be my choice) and you'll be laughing

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                Day & night game :D

Put a decent M100 in there (Systema would be my choice) and you'll be laughing
                if the gun im after is as good as people say then il be laughing anyway haha and awesome il hopefully see you there then i wont be at the night game cos of a gig

also landworrier are doing the spring so god knows what they'll put in

Comment

As above get a M100 in there, but I have to dissagree with Systema springs, Iv had 5 snap on me within 3 to four skirmishes, and my mate has one that comes up well shy of the mark (and yes he has done a full strip down rebuild, even took it as far as changing the full cylinder kit and nozzle), Iv had no problems my self with guarder and have heard nothing bad about them in reviews (unfortunately unlike Systema after I had gone through all those springs.)
                  section 24 of the 1968 Act
                  Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                  1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    As above get a M100 in there, but I have to dissagree with Systema springs, Iv had 5 snap on me within 3 to four skirmishes, and my mate has one that comes up well shy of the mark (and yes he has done a full strip down rebuild, even took it as far as changing the full cylinder kit and nozzle), Iv had no problems my self with guarder and have heard nothing bad about them in reviews (unfortunately unlike Systema after I had gone through all those springs.)
                    unfortunately the make isnt up to me its up to landworrier its just the basic detune package =/

Comment

It should well be either a Laylax or a Hurricane spring, which are both very good makes and make some really good springs.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        It should well be either a Laylax or a Hurricane spring, which are both very good makes and make some really good springs.
                        great i hope thats the case =/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                        Working...
                        X