Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G3 Front end receiver splitting step by step guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 Front end receiver splitting step by step guides?

Hi folks

I'm wondering if anyone knows any step by step dissassembly of G3 front end/receivers (not how to get to the mechbox- done that many a time)

Got a front end off a g3sg1 lying about and thinking about getting an MC 51, or similar and sticking the g3sg1 barrel and front end back on, though I'm wondering what are the parts on the picture that I need that are different.

From what I can tell, all I need to change over are

The MC4 section (Cocking tube assembly)
    Handguard
    Inner barrel
    Tappet plate
    and cylinder

If anyone has any thoughts please do say.
    I might be dreaming in hope a bit but just wondering if anyone knows if they aren't compatible.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Re: G3 Front end receiver splitting step by step guides?

yeah, done this far too many times to be good for me... it is literally held together by those 2 screws at the rear of the handguard/front 2 prongs of the bodyand a couple of screws/grubs. right, this is from memory and on a phone, so excuse any inaccuracies...

Remove the handguard and split upper and lower reciever. Take barrel and hop assembly out of the upper receiver. if it does not go, it is because there is a barrel spacer on it. Take off flashhider/front sight assembly and pull off the spacer.
    Loosen the screw at the front of the mag well. This will release the outer barrel.
    Remove the 2 screws holding the front assembly and upper reciever together and keep hold of them and their associated nuts.
    Pull the upper reciever and front end appart. A long spring will fall out from between them.

If your front Mc51 assembly is a complete one, then that's it, otherwise you'll need to keep breaking the front end down further. Front sight is held on by a grub screw or the sling loop.

What I would recommend doing is gettng your hands on a secondary upper reciever and attaching one to each front end. Then you can hot swap them with ease.
    Last edited by Bachelarius; 21 June, 2010, 09:12.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HunterAndy Find out more about HunterAndy
    Working...
    X