Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate gearbox??

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post

Just a quick note for you though. What is it that you want that you cant do with a mildly tuned TM box?
    APPLAUSE for this. Far too many people underestimate how far a good evening's gearbox tuning can go.

Comment

Do modify make a m14 gearbox kit ? Or a complete v7 gb

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        yes , all well and good,

but the modify gear sets are enginnered from CNC milled hardened steel so better then the CArbon fibre stickers on the system gears :p
        Ah yes. When we cracked open the gearbox and discovered that was all that was carbon fibre we were a bit miffed. But still it works very well.
        TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
        Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
        Maruzen APS Type 96
        TM P226, Tac Master .
        WE SCAR + VFC UGL
        KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Back modify parts, been going strong for over a year on a high rate of fire @340fps
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. Im thinking of going to the complete gear box and then swapping the gears for the modular sets. This is for a project as I picked up a G3 SG1 shell so.. the complete gear box looks slightly better in my eyes than getting individual parts. could any one suggest a good motor? I think I have a systema magnum some where..
            Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
            The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

depends on whether you are happy with that gearbox or if you have specific needs of it. If you are smart then you can make an amazing gearbox that is easy to work on. e.g. there is gearbox shell out there made by Energy which is 8mm, comes with bearings, is reinforced and the kicker is that it has a separate section for where the spring guide goes, so you can hot swap springs. not bad for ~£40, new and posted. I don't know, I guess I prefer flexibility and options rather than drop in bits. id probably reccomend looking around on Arnies for a while. they have a real wealth of info on there and learning this stuff could save you a tonne of cash.

Comment

Re: Ultimate gearbox?

ultimate parts seem all right, asgs own brand bits, give it ago.

Comment

I'm curious as to how this fared out - i'm going to be doing the same with my G3 (since lol to having an FPS worse than a AEP and more air-seal leaks than swiss cheese hass holes) as I'm turning it into a support weapon.

Did you have trouble fitting the torus kit in? or did it slide in like a hot dog in a hallway?
                  sigpic
                  Active member of Tesside Flailsoft.

Comment

if you want to save a bit try some SHS gears - pretty good, depending on what you want to achieve maybe get a 14 steel tooth piston

Comment

Stear well clear of the element gearboxes mate!! Thats all ill say!!
                      "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                      Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

HAD A NIGHTMARE with modify gears, personnally i'd steer well clear!

for the ultimate in wiring........ lose the anti reversal latch, lose the switch block...... lose the safety trigger block lever.............and try this

http://www.airsoftsystems.com/?id=2

just got mine today!!!! BLOODY AMAZING!!!! closest thing to PTW you'll get

prometheus neo hop unit + switch...using fire fly flat nub and rubber......... amazing range!!!

Supercore piston........... built to last!!

Comment

hehe i'm keeping the JG gears - they have fared well so far, its just the rest of the kit that has fallen apart XD
                          sigpic

Comment

i got through 2 sets of modify gears = 1 broken tappet plate, 6 broken pistons..... you name it, it went wrong

changed the gears......... problem gone!!!

Comment

Been looking around but I can't seem to get a hold of a Modify gearbox or gearset version 2, can anyone help me out.

Alex
                              WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Only place that has them is ASW.

That is where I'm getting mine.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanEly Find out more about DanEly
                                Working...
                                X