Thompson Wood Stock Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson Wood Stock Fitting

Hi guys, picked up a Cyma Thompson a while ago and thought it would be a nice little time waster to fit a genuine set of wood to it. I've sourced the front grip which should fit fine (gun is currently away being serviced) and the stock arrived today.

Has anyone fitted a set to a Cyma model before? How did it go?

Also, this screw on the side of the stock, is it actually a pin/screw going through, or just a stamped bit of metal? I've tried turning the screw to no avail and I'd rather not mangle it.

If it is a pin it will cause a problem when drilling through the centre for the wiring to go in.

Re: Thompson Wood Stock Fitting

Anyone?

Comment

Probably better off asking on the WW2 (formerly, CiA) forum.

Comment

I fit a real steel stock to a Thompson a few years ago, and I don't recall the screw in the stock being any issue. Biggest pain was safely creating a large enough compartment at the rear to fit a decent sized LIPO and creating the route from the receiver for the wiring.

But it looked awesome when done.

- - - Updated - - -

I fit a real steel stock to a Thompson a few years ago, and I don't recall the screw in the stock being any issue. Biggest pain was safely creating a large enough compartment at the rear to fit a decent sized LIPO and creating the route from the receiver for the wiring.

But it looked awesome when done.
        sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Already started the other day. It is indeed a large pin running through the stock. The problem was on the Cyma the wiring is directly in line with that pin. I've created space around it. Mines an English stock and has a large enough space for an 11.1v stock tube Lipo, so just need to create a hole horizontally to line up for the wiring from the receiver

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
          Working...
          X