Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Query

Hi there,

My friend bought a King Arms Troy off someone a few months back, with a crazy ROF setup, and I mean crazy it is the fastest thing I've ever heard.

The bearing on the gearbox do NOT sit flush with the rest of the gearbox. This is the first time I have ever seen this so it doesn't seem right. As such, the gears can wobble inside the casing. Can anyone explain why this is happening? I mean they will only go a certain way in but on the outside it is not flush and sticks out about 1-2 mms. Obviously the gears being able to wobble about is not good.

Does he simply need new bearings/bushings or is something really wrong here? The only damange that has happened is a stripped piston so far and everything else seems fine.

Thanks guys
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Re: Gearbox Query

My SCAR does the same, and as of yet had no problems with it, as long as the shimming is correct.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

So long as they flush on the inside. Some of mine come out a tiny part. Gear wobble should not be too bad, and unless major is not a massive problem

Comment

It's just because I've never had gear wobble on any other gearbox I've worked on, including other V2s. They can move about 1mm to each side when the gearbox is closed. Is this normal? And if not is there any way to counter it?

Thanks guys, there's less problem then I thought

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

no that will cause breakages in future,

reshim or buy a new shet or bearings for the gearbox, soild metal ones with correct shims will stop the wobble and will sit flush on the inside as that is the main part that needs to be flush

Comment

Yeah they're flush on the inside, not on the outside so that's not a problem. I just couldn't work out why the gears wobble as I've never seen it. I'll get my friend to get a set of new shims when he orders his piston and we'll see how that works out.

Thanks for your help

Army Armament L85A1
            Tokyo Marui P90
            HFC M9 Special Forces
            KSC Glock 18c

Comment

no probs mate ,

if he hasn't had any trouble with the gearbox before you looked , just tell him to keep it lubed and wont be a problem ,

as they say , if it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

as said shouldnt be side to side wobble. But then you could be describing it differently than we are picturing it. Photos with arrows would be better. Are you talking about up and down movement on the gears ie bounce from too loose shiming. Or left to right from say 6mm bearings in 7mm holes.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Will_0 Find out more about Will_0
                Working...
                X