High speed set up on my Sig 556

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High speed set up on my Sig 556

Hello, I am trying to do a high speed set up for my Sig 556 but have come across an issue which can resolve and I'm needing some advice on the possible problem I have encountered.....when I pull the trigger it fires 1-3 times before the piston is stuck all the way back...every time I pull the trigger from then on I hear the motor trying to turn but won't.

I have this loverly stuff in the gear box;

systema super torque motor
    Shs 13:1 gears - shimmed with lonex shims
    Lonex or shs 7mm steel bushing
    Shs anti reversal latch
    Lonex m100 spring
    Lonex ball bearing spring guide
    Lonex pom piston head
    Stock cylinder
    Lonex cylinder head
    16awg wires
    MOSFET
    Using a 9.6ni-mh battery
    Also deans connectors

Not too sure if my piston is going too far back which cause the last tooth to get stuck against the piston:/

Any advice will help

Cheers

Zac

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Re: High speed set up on my Sig 556

Take the piston out only and reassemble the gearbox and test to see if the fault remains, this way you can determine if the piston is binding up.

With an empty gearbox housing if you put the piston in on its own and bolt it up can you freely slide the piston back and forth in its runners?

Comment

Hi,
      I have had the same problem on a ICS gearbox for a 552 that I have worked on...........turned out it was the rear of the piston being slightly larger and jamming in the rear of the case.
      Replaced the piston with another type and it has been ok since.
      You do not say what piston you are using.............but I have heard SHS have had problems with the channels in the piston aligning with the gearbox....?

Comment

^ Yes i had to fine tune the piston / case runners on an ICS 552 build before, TBH my problem was casting imperfections i had to sand down and smooth.

Comment

I am using a lonex blue piston and it runs fine think I have a problem with premature engagement of the piston so got to sort that out and I think (well hope) that fixes the issue!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xizacix Find out more about xizacix
          Working...
          X