M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4

ok kids, i won't pretend i know anything about m4's - i know that 'm4' itself doesn't cover all the modifications and different types, but short of actually looking through this entire forum, i'll just ask my question.

i'm moving to hong kong in the new year and want to start off a new kit with an m4. the rest can wait. before now i really didn't have any interest in the m4; it seemed a little boring, and the freedom you have to do stuff to it can be expensive lol - but if you get it right, it can be a very very tasty gun. so, i want. my beautiful p90 can stay here - we've had a good time together, and she'll understand.

what is the 'best' and most reliable m4? is full metal the way to go or no? what i care about most of all is the power - restrictions are less over there, which means i want it as powerful as humanly possible lol. i would like to mod it a fair bit and switch between different additions from time to time: m249, bipod, acog, drum mag, torch, whatever - so i guess i'll need to switch the front rail, and move the battery. what's a good plan for that? should i buy a nice m4, then get a special gearbox? how can i make a really nice one? and screw the price. its cheap and yummy over there...

.. yummy, that sounded gay...

er, anyway, how about the gas one? i had a go in summer at a shop, and the kick was just loverly. gas or lecky?

thanks

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Re: M4

ok, your obv lookin for sumit u can mix n match at any givin time? Ie one day front grip, the next a bipod.

So your going to have to look into a couple of things first, the weight, the size, practical, realiability, performace and maintenance are just some of the more important points you need to think about, so if you ask me, buy a standard M4A1, then buy what you need ie ris rails, grips, scopes, nade launchers etc.

Its the internals you want to be focused on, i could easyly say buy a systema gearbox and slap it in, however you have said weather its power, speed or a balance of the 2.

I would also say a metal body, it'll take more knocking around than a plastic but it will add weight.

Feel free to PM me with any questions mate, ill see if a can help you out with some general knowledge
    Originally posted by bravotwozero
    Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Two things you need if you're going to be getting an M4 variant is a full metal body and a one-piece barrel. That will eliminate any barrel wobble problems that you get with plastic bodies. It will feel nice and sturdy as well.

You could buy just a standard m4 and then buy all the different parts. Or you could but say, one of those G&P URX's or MRE's as they have full metal bodies and one-piece barrels as standard and their gearboxes are pre-upgraded and can take higher-powered springs right out of the box.

Comment

Have you considered the TM M4 S-System, no barrel wobble, full RIS at the front, and you could upgrade the gearbox to get your required FPS out of it.

Comment

Ah, thankyou kindly folks; the advice is much appreciated - keep it coming!

Also, just to say, I'm in Paris right now doing this on my iPod at l'Louvre, and two military cops just walked past with famases! I checked out an airsoft shop here, but it was no good - just so you know lol

Comment

hello!
            ok, sorry to bother you again. i've been doing a little looking around - wanna get this right. and i've decided what seems best for me is the m4 ris - the one with the complete rail system which comes with your dummy infared laser thing to hold the battery, a foregrip, and the side plate things. a few questions.. sorry..
            firstly, just for aesthetics sake, the side plates that cover the rails - can you get ones half the size, so you could put, for instance, a torch on, but cover up the rest of the rail? you know, those rubber looking jobbies..
            also, can the dummy IFlaser be mounted on the side? if its on top, won't it get in the way of an rds or acog?
            can an rds or acog be fitted ontop of the carry handle, and does this look good?

lastly, i seemed to have narrowed the best makes down to ics, g&p, and tm. right? tm are good and have a metal ris fitted, but i think full metal is the best way to go incase i ever want to mount an m209. my cousin had a tm m4a1, fitted the launcher, but the weight cracked the plastic on the main body.
            what do you guys mean by a one peice barrel?
            and also, if i want to fit a silencer, a full length barrel with this would be wayy too long. so how would i go about doing that? replacing the barrel with a cqb type one? i have the snap on silencer which seems decent, so i dont care about a threaded one.
            importantly, do any of these queries regard what is considered 'cool,' or alternatively, 'just wrong to inflict upon an m4?' i don't want to look a fool. i know this may be unavoidable with the amount of decoration i want on this thing - but i'll be in hong kong. those guys have the most updated and cool stuff, and i'm already an outsider.
            cheers.

Comment

the side plates you are refering to are the rubber ris rail covers - many types can be just cut down to size with scissors so you can cover up all of the rail apart from the part with the torch/laser/squirrel attatched to it

if you are referring to a PEQ box with the dummy if laser or whatever then you could mount it on the side - however they are not visable through a magnified scope such as an acog - i mean with my acog i can put 2 fingers over the front of my scope and i cant see the fingers and as long as it isnt too high shouldnt restrict vision through a red dot like an aimpoint or eotech and you should be able to see over

yes acog and the like can be fitted on top of the carry handle but normally look less good however there can be benefits such as use of ironsights alongside scope

your point about metal bodies makes sense but you could easily still mount an m203 on a tm body without it breaking they are extremely strong plastic but if you want metal then its better for aesthetics anyway so thats a mute point

replacing a barrel to a shorter one isnt too difficult but i cant be bothered expaliaining it you basically buy a shorter inner/outer barrel and replace it and hey presto short gun

the cool part is down to you (as is the weight factor of carrying everything but the kitchen sink on your gun well unless you have USE for a sink on it :P)
              |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

shadowcaptain: you am legend! thanks for the help mate..

but what about the make? g&p? ca? ics?

Comment

Just wait till you're there. Like you say, everything's different. You'll find most of the shop, will let you walk in and play with the guns they have on their shelves. What better way to decide upon a gun, than to actually use it. And talk to the people who regularly repair and upgrade them.
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

what do you guys mean by a one peice barrel?

A one-piece barrel is well, a one-piece barrel, using one of these in conjunction with a metal body will eliminate all barrel wobble. They're made put of aluminium as well so they're light.

Comment

hmmm
                      if you upgraded say a CA or G&P body will systema internals that could be good?
                      im not sure what it is like in hong kong but if it is anything like singapore then it will be very humid! (i dont know if it will affect the guns)

Comment

i dun think it does.. the jungle territory generally just makes an airsoft game feel more like something from predator - or maybe with the fake guns, something more like tropic thunder with ben stiller..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
                        Working...
                        X