TM P90 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 Upgrade

I would like to upgrade my TM P90 TR, but I would like to keep as much original parts as possible as I understand the parts will last for a very long time.

But since I need to open it up to fix a problem with single fire, I would like to try to upgrade it's rate of fire and trigger response.

Originally I heard if I upgrade the spring to a M120, that would boost my FPS from 260 to 300-350 by itself without any other parts?

Could I fit a Lipo with the stock parts? Or would I need to upgrade the gear and brushings to handle the Lipo?

I had a Lipo when I first got the gun and it was very snappy for my first game.

So, what is the minimum I could do to upgrade it a little?

I currently play CQB, but would like to try outdoor play.

Any help would be very welcome.
    sigpic

Re: TM P90 Upgrade

You're trigger problem is most likely only an alignment issue with the transfer bar and/or the contact breakers air gap, if you adjust the gap you adjust when the contacts make contact, you won't need to disassemble the gearbox for this fix.

Uprgrade wise I would go Prometheus 6.03 barrel and a nice bucking, then you'll only need an SP100 spring to get 340-350fps if you have got the air seal right... which you definitely want!

This will net you better accuracy through consistency as well as making the gun a tad quieter.

You'll also be running a weaker spring for the desired output which gives the gearbox an easier time. All you need to do is check the shimming of the gearbox to further enhance efficiency and reliability.

A basic FET and a high C rated LIPO work well with associated wiring upgrade to 14awg.

P90s are great BTW hah

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you venture outside with it be sure to step up your BB weight, 0.28 or 0.3s are good, more so the like of Geoff's are worth every penny

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
      You're trigger problem is most likely only an alignment issue with the transfer bar and/or the contact breakers air gap, if you adjust the gap you adjust when the contacts make contact, you won't need to disassemble the gearbox for this fix.

Uprgrade wise I would go Prometheus 6.03 barrel and a nice bucking, then you'll only need an SP100 spring to get 340-350fps if you have got the air seal right... which you definitely want!

This will net you better accuracy through consistency as well as making the gun a tad quieter.

You'll also be running a weaker spring for the desired output which gives the gearbox an easier time. All you need to do is check the shimming of the gearbox to further enhance efficiency and reliability.

A basic FET and a high C rated LIPO work well with associated wiring upgrade to 14awg.

P90s are great BTW hah

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you venture outside with it be sure to step up your BB weight, 0.28 or 0.3s are good, more so the like of Geoff's are worth every penny
      Really change the barrel and bucking?

I read many people saying that the barrel and hopup in the TM P90 is already pretty good and very accurate.

Cheers for the help.
      sigpic

Comment

Stick a neodymium motor in it as well
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It is very good out of the box, no doubt there, however you said you wanted to increase the FPS as well as use it outside / in the field.
          Those mods are the least stressful way of increasing FPS, whilst increasing consistency and range for field use

Comment

Before you go sticking stronger springs in, get it all working as efficiently as possible with what you've got. An M100 spring will get you 350fps as long as the air is ending up behind the BB.
            Decent 16awg wiring, Deans connectors, a basic Mosfet and 7.4v lipo will give you a bit more snap, and 11.1v lipo higher ROF and better trigger response. Before you start pushing up ROF look at optimising the gearbox internals... Angle of engagement and decent shimming and lubrication.
            After that you're going to be considering a better motor matched to the appropriate gear set, better piston and perhaps some improved air seal components.
            For accuracy and range your first upgrade is going to be heavier, quality BBs, as long as the hop can lift them. Stock TM components in good condition should have no issues with 0.28g.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IronWarrior Find out more about IronWarrior
            Working...
            X