Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A+K M249 feeding issue

Hi guys, hope you're all well!

So I've been using my 249 on a 7.4 20c Lipo and other than the odd jam it's worked flawlessly.

On the weekend I decided to run it on an 11.1 25C after being happy the system could handle it. It did. Awesome.

Unfortunately this higher ROF has brought it's own set of problems with the box mag. It would fire 1/2 BB's then not fire at all. I must add that it feeds and fires perfectly with STANAG M4 mags with this battery.

How can I get the box mag to keep up with the higher ROF?

Thanks! ✌️

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Re: A+K M249 feeding issue

if its using the bunddled box mag that came with the gun theres not much you can really do unless you like modding the wiring system but then that will put enormous pressure on the box mag motor, you could alway buy a cloth type 1200rnd mag that uses a 9v battery, it may keep up with the high rof of the m249 but no guarantee.
    have you concidered using 9.9v LiFe batteries as they are a good middle ground between 7.4 and 11.1 and may enable you to keep the original box mag with out modding or buying a new one.

hope this helps

Comment

Yeh I've considered the other mag types but I didn't consider the LiFe to be fair, nice one I'll give it a go.

Do you know any that fit the 249 battery housing?

Comment

a 9.9V 1600mAh from vapex would be my sugestion it is the same size as a 8.4v 1500 mAh mini pack from memory it will fit nicley in the handguard (i owned nurmerious m249's in the past) price wise would be around £10 - £17 max exc p&p may be cheaper if you look around a bit.

good luck

Comment

Wookie you are a diamond thanks pal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Carta Find out more about Carta
          Working...
          X