Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on reassembling an AK gearbox

Please delete if not allowed.

So I opened up my LCT AK74U gear box last night to upgrade the spring. The whole lot jumped apart and after an hour or so I found all the components.

The trouble is when I put everything back together, something pings out or the spring jumps out moving the gears out of the starting position.

Any techniques or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signature Removed

Re: Tips on reassembling an AK gearbox

Use a strong magnet under the bevel gear and anti reversal latch to hold them in the right place while you put the shell halves together.
    Don't compress the spring until you have the front of the shell halves together. Leave enough space at the back to compress the spring into place and then close the shell down.
    Before you put any screws in, push the air nozzle in to make sure the tappet plate is sitting in its rails and can move properly. Do the same with the piston by putting an Allen key or something down the nozzle and compressing the spring a bit. You'll probably find that there's a 'snap' as the piston jumps onto its guide rails and the shell halves will suddenly fit together properly.

Comment

Or use a long thing screw driver to put down the middle of the spring guide that is long enough to go inside the piston to hold it all in place, and put the trigger in its position but don't try and tension it in place until you're ready to screw the gearbox up
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scott c 20 Find out more about scott c 20