AK feed Issues - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK feed Issues - HELP!

My AK was upgraded externally with a G&P Metal Receiver and front end and internally is fitted with a standard TM gearbox and hop.

The gearbox cycles just fine and it seems to have good compression but the BB's just dribble out of the barrel.

I'm thinking its either worn hop or sh*tty mags as they are well used and the spring in them does feel a bit weak so maybe are not engaging with the hop.

New Hop Unit? New mags? Both?

Opinion/advice?
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Re: AK feed Issues - HELP!

Test to check for airleaks turn your gun over and place a finger nail size piece of tissue over the hop unit, the bit the bbs go in through the mag, fire the gun, if the tissue flies up in the air there's a leak between your air nozzle and hop unit, if the tissue stays put, then it's OK,you should try and chrono the gun and see what your fps is and how consistent it is
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
      Test to check for airleaks turn your gun over and place a finger nail size piece of tissue over the hop unit, the bit the bbs go in through the mag, fire the gun, if the tissue flies up in the air there's a leak between your air nozzle and hop unit, if the tissue stays put, then it's OK,you should try and chrono the gun and see what your fps is and how consistent it is
      The tissue test was completed and it didn't fly up. Adjusted the Hop and I'm still getting inconsistent feed from the mags.

I think the best bet would to be upgrade the hop unit and get the AEG serviced. Probably need some new mags too as they are quite old.
      sigpic

Comment

If your bbs fly out the mags when you press the release button, then it would be your bbs or your hop needs a service, but have you noticed if your airnozzle moves and returns consistently, and have you chronoed it yet
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Not chronoed as I have no easy access to one. I'll check on the nozzle, but I suspect that a good service a new hop unit is a good step forward.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hellfish Find out more about Hellfish
          Working...
          X