Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M4 Hop Woes

hi all,

need some help here please. i have a Classic Army M4 CQB (metal 1-piece hop) and the hop is doing strange things:

it either over hops (BB's fly straight and then sharply upwards after about 20M) or under hops (BB's fly about 20M and then hit the ground). there seems to be no other action from the hop no matter how carefully i adjust it.

i have added a small washer to the hop adjustment wheel in order to make it really tight so i can adjust in very small increments, but this has had no effect.

i put in a new prometheus soft hop rubber (gun FPS ia around 320) and it has had about 2000 rounds through, no change, either over or under hops, nothing else. nub is a standard one (not a h-nub).

what am i doing wrong? how do i know if the hop is damaged?

would appreciate any advice as this problem is really starting to tick me off.

cheers.

Re: CA M4 Hop Woes

if you know for a fact the nub and rubber are all correct, the promy purple being a safe bet. and your barrel is clean and your using good bbs, say for instance guarders.

then i would say the hop unit arm for what ever reason isnt offering the full range of travel it should be (of that your hoping for)

may i suggest the prometheus hop chamber AND strike arm package. youll need to canabalise your CA hop unit even after the hefty price but its worth it... for a better range of hop adjustment on m4s

Comment

thanks, using blaster BB's. barrell is definitely clean. hop rubber fits well, how do i check that the nub is correct?

at this stage i am willing to throw money at it if needs be as a last resort since my primary is virtually useless right now.

Comment

see if the nubs there for a start, amke sure it looks alright and its in the right place on the arm.

still the promy units a owrth while upgrade with the strike arm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laladijaan Find out more about laladijaan
        Working...
        X