Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Semi auto firing two shots high voltage setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi auto firing two shots high voltage setup.

Hi there.

Basically I have an ICS M4, with the full stock and a systema MOSFET. I have put an 11.1v lipo in there, and when firing on semi it cycles twice.

As cool as this is having a burst mode I really wanted trigger response from this setup in semi auto.

My thoughts are:- The gun is firing so fast, that the cutoff lever doesn't disengage the trigger contact fast enough, so it has already begun a new cycle by the time the trigger is disengaged.

or:- Something funky about MOSFETS that I don't know about.

I think it is the first one as it was working fine with an 8.4v for testing, but can't retest as I have now changed the conectors on the Li-Po and gun to Deans.

Is there a stronger spring for the cutoff I can get? Or a high speed cutoff? It should be version 2 compatible I believe. Or can I perhaps stretch the spring to give more compression on the cutoff?

I dunno! If this doesn't work I will have to 'downgrade' to a 9.6v boring normal battery!
    Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Re: Semi auto firing two shots high voltage setup.

Nah, just downgrade to a 7.4 LiPo. You -and your gears- will be happier

Comment

Re: Semi auto firing two shots high voltage setup.

Update, stretching the cutoff lever spring seems to have worked. But I will keep an eye on it.

As for downgrading the battery, its not really an option now I have bought the battery, I very much doubt ICS gears will strip noticably quicker, especially considering semi auto is the primary fire mode. The piston on the other hand will thank me, but that is getting replaced anyway along with a few other weaker parts like tappet plate.

Steel gears don't break easy or quickly.
      Trader Feedback:-t0astie

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

t0astie Find out more about t0astie
      Working...
      X