Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a TM AK47 into a blowback

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is a way to turn a standard TM AK into a blowback version.

I have seen the guarder kit and just wondered if anyone could explain it a bit better as i have only seen the pictures on FS (who only have it in silver)

Is there any other ways like getting the JG blowback in the gun etc?

Thanks for any help/advice

Cheers,

Aribos

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Making a TM AK47 into a blowback

If it's possible it's likely to cost more than just buying a blowback gun.

My first guess is that it ain't gonna be happnin' though...

Comment

I think GHK have a kit to make them GBB

Comment

Well the guarder kit is around 30 quid, which i didnt think too bad. Plus i already have the gun waiting, its just away being upgraded at the moment.

Comment

anyone any other ideas besides the guarder kit or the gas kit?

Really dont want to go gas. If you have the guarder kit please let me know how it performs from your perspective (Have watched the videos on youtube but most are of people just firing and concentrating the camera on the bolt, not telling about recoil or anything like that.)

Comment

Do you mean turning this into a electric blowback? Theres a simple mod where you attach a shoe lace to the piston and to the charging handle, so that when the piston goes back it pulls the charging back aswell simulating blowback. It hardly adds recoil but it does look cool.

Heres a concept for it (its with a g36c but its the same basic idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9O6h5tHqqk

Comment

Erm i think ill pass a) dont want to weaken my gearbox shell by drilling a hole in it and B) although the owner of that vid (in a very condescending way) says it wont bugger up your piston I believe it probably would harm it due to the fact fibre's can get in your gearbox and bugger it up that way.

Comment

i could tell you but if the gaurder kits only 30 quid, you really dont need any other options do you, thats cheap..

Really with the cost of blowback aegs being as cheap as they are its almost cheaper buying a new one.

You have to understand as well, blowback isnt recoil... Blowback is simply the bolt moving back and forth simulating the blow back feature. In most cases this is a peice as light as a feather to prevent wear on the piston.

If you want recoil youll have to look into TM's recoil range.. They use a different system moving a large 300 g weight back and forth, to simulate a recoil effect.

Weight here being the key difference.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                Working...
                X