AoE Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AoE Adjustment

Alright guys, from my previous dead-piston thread, the topic of AoE came up! I understand how to do it, so thats not the info that I am after..

I can understand the need for it in high ROF setups, but will it help prolong the life of a standard setup?

Also, as you are compressing the spring a bit more, does this increase the FPS at all, as its the same as putting in a washer or two on the spring guide..

Re: AoE Adjustment

I wouldn't bother if it was only out a bit on a high speed set up, let alone normal.

I don't know what the biggest spacers anyone has had to place to correct aoe, my biggest was 2.5mm, usually less. So it won't compress the spring by very much way less than a bearing spring guide so unless your gun is currently at exactly site limit, don't worry.

If you have to place too much packing, the back of the piston will get jamed against the back of the gear box shell by the sector gear befor completing a full cycle. Making your gun useless at best, breaking internal parts at worst.
    Last edited by North West Outpost; 9 July, 2010, 15:50. Reason: I'll get it right in a minute.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Before the piston break, it was on the site limit.. so thats why I am a bit wary!

I think that I need to put about 2, 3mm in there to get it perfect!

Comment

That is just typical...lol...Thats my kind of luck.

If you are worried you could always clip half a loop off the spring.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Tell me about it! I think that before I start to tinker with it, I will invest in a chrono with my mates!

To be honest, I may just give it a few thousand rounds and then sort it! At the end of the day, if the piston is dented, its only £10 for a new one!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
          Working...
          X