tm g36 c low fps :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm g36 c low fps :(

my tm g36 c is coming up at about 280 fps , and obv id like it to be around 325. its had the barrel extension with a madbull tightbore barrel all the way along so the range is nice etc but the fps sucks. what upgrades could i have done to raise the fps and how much am i looking at? is it possible to get just a new spring put in or would i have to do alot more? hope someone can offer some advice. cheers

Re: tm g36 c low fps

280 is fine - and about normal for a TM.

It's been said roughly 100 million times before, but FPS is not a major factor in range.

You'll see a high 200 fps TM equal and surpass the range of a hot 380 china clone any day of the week!

Comment

dont pay out for upgrades mate ,

it maybe something easy to fix like a leaky air seal

so look on the hop rubber for splits or breaks , also if your a willing and able to fix the gearbox , look at the orings on the piston head and cylinder head , if they are cracking or pitted , replace them , if dry , soak them in silicon oil for an hour , them replace them , ptfe around them and will have perfect air seal ,

try these before replacing any parts

as jag said , low fps ir normal for TM guns,

so can only improve by doing the above

Comment

you could always refit the spring with a 1 joule m100 spring?
        but yes as both of the people above said, tm do usually have just under 300fps weapons. But hey, havin a high fps is quite fun, especially when you make people scream when you shoot them

Comment

280 is quite normal for a TM gun.

checking the seals is a good start. - a tightbore will prob up the fps by about 10 or so.

if you want to go further - change the bushings for metal ones and put in a 1 joule spring or an m100.

atb

Mac
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

What barrel extension did you have? Inner barrel? If so what length? If you installed a longer inner barrel without changing out the stock 3/4 port cylinder then that could be part of the problem.

Aside from that, if all parts are correctly matched, a basic internal clean up and regrease should take it close to 300fps.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

the modification was dont by my local store. think it was a madbull viper vers 2 tightbore barrel, which is all the way along (its more like a g36 e length now.) the range is fine , however i just want the bbs to get to my target a little quicker. unfortunatley i know nothing about dissasembly and as such would be happy to pay the guy at my local store to do it. id be gutted if i runed my gun by fiddling with bits i dont know anything about.thanks for the advice so far guys, its great having more experienced peoples knowledge to hand

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aptom i wish i could play airsoft every day. Find out more about aptom
              Working...
              X