anti reversal latch fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti reversal latch fitting?

Right, got a JG gearbox and the piston was knackered, had one laying around, so got new cylinder, piston, some more bits, and as per usual fitted all that, and then time came but put other side of the case on, and same old thing, the anti reversal latch kept popping out and i just spent the last hour trying to get the f**ker in and to no avail. Anyone got a good method of doing it?

Re: anti reversal latch fitting?

yeah if you put all of it back in and hold the last gear and cylinder down with a few fingers that dont obstruct the other case side from engaging . it kind of hard to explain by text mate

Comment

yeh thats what ive been trying, 1st was put the latch in, then the last gear and then the spring and hold it all down but didnt work, so tried putting spring in, then hold that down, put in latch and last gear but still didnt work
      Im gonna get a mate round tomorrow, put the spring in and let him hold it like with his fingers through the case holding it then al do the latch and put the gear in and see if we can get it going.

Comment

ok mate . where in derby you live id pop over and give hand if cant do it
        im in sunny hill

Comment

in chesterfield
          might be abit of a treck?

Comment

What I do is fit the latch with the spring, then put the bevel gear in and twist the gear clockwise till the anti reversal latch is engaged. This relieves some of the spring press. This method normally works for me.
            TM AUG, STAR LSW, TM VSR-10, Hicappa 4.3

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

miller 666 Find out more about miller 666
            Working...
            X