Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 A2 sliding stock question

Heya,

I have a CLassic Army MP5 A2 (the one with the hard stock) and i'm looking to replace the stock with a slide stock,the only problem i'm having is,i'm not sure if it's possible to do so,i've seen the innards of a gun that is sold with a slide stock,however they run the cables along the side of the gun outside of the internal parts,I would do this myself,but my power connector seems to have a small plastic cylinder about halfway down it,with what looks to be a fuse in there,so feeding it down the side of the gun would be nigh on impossible with that,I was wondering if this mod is even possible,and how to do it,I don't want to spend 50 quid on a slide stock if it won't even fit my gun.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: MP5 A2 sliding stock question

You are correct the Cylinder is indeed a Fuseholder. You can remove that. Most people do.

I personally don't but the majority of people who have done it get no problems. Then, splice and solder a small section of similar guage wire where the holder was. Voila, you can now feed the wire to where you need it to go.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Re: MP5 A2 sliding stock question

ah HA!,I knew it!,
      so it won't blow the electrics or anything up if I do?
      Also,I have a mini tamiya battery,it's a 1500 mAh Ni-MH 8.4v,and im having a little bit of trouble getting it to stay in the handguard rail,im assuming thats what i'd need to do to relocate the battery?
      Little bit off topic above,but can I get a hold of a more powerful battery to spit the BB's out a little faster?,I haven't looked as im told it'll kill your gearbox,I think I was recording something like 260 FPS,which in a woodland game,meant I hit absolutely nothing.

Anyways thanks again for your help!,it's much appreciated!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dellusional_Maniac Find out more about Dellusional_Maniac
      Working...
      X