tight bore barrel increasing FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tight bore barrel increasing FPS

When installing a tight bore barrel into a AEG does the FPS of the gun increase, If so how much does it usually increase by.

cheers

Re: tight bore barrel increasing FPS

around 15fps

Comment

depending on the diameter you choose

Comment

It can be significantly more than 15fps. Some TB barrels, notably the prometheus ones, have a slightly larger external diameter and can produce a better air seal in the hop unit. In previous installations, I've experienced 40+ fps increases and more. Expect 10-20fps though and you won't be disappointed.

Comment

usually between 10 - 20 fps

Comment

my sig was firing dead on site limits now cus of the prommy its at 380!!!
            Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
            I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Agreed 10-20. Thats why i put 15

Comment

Been busy and havnt had time to read comments just read them all now and thanks everyone for there quick replies

Comment

I'm going to put a promethius 6.01 in my gr16 combat machine- Will I be on about 330fps after this?!! As I am replacing everysingle internal part... which is going to give me a great airseal, and a m113 spring... i should be on around 380 then....yay......
                  When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Evilllamas View Post
                    I'm going to put a promethius 6.01 in my gr16 combat machine- Will I be on about 330fps after this?!! As I am replacing everysingle internal part... which is going to give me a great airseal, and a m113 spring... i should be on around 380 then....yay......
                    Locked to semi I hope, otherwise you may have just admitted to building a section 5 firearm.

There is no legal definition to the point at which an airsoft gun becomes an airgun, but the ACPO leaflet giving information to the gun trade about VCRA states that the latest Home Office advice is that this point has been reduced from 1.35J to 1J. Don't risk becoming the person who proves to the rest of us where the limit is to be set by being the first one prosecuted.
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShankZOR Find out more about ShankZOR
                    Working...
                    X