Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 upgrades....

hi guys,

im looking to upgrade my G&P m4 so it has better range...

would a m125 spring be sufficient or do i need a airseal and gearbox upgrades too???

thanks for the help!

shawzy
    sigpic

more feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19678

Re: m4 upgrades....

hey mate if you look on the tech section on electric part most of the answers on there or start a new thread in there and people will come

Comment

Why would a spring increase range? Lot's of people think installing a more powerful spring would increase range. And it makes sence, if the BB is going faster then surely it would fly further? Nah.

And neither would altering the gearbox.

Best way to get more range is to get a tightbore barrel, or get a better hop up set. The barrel, would increase range, some have said up to third, and it will give you tighter groupings, which means the bb's will fly closer together for longer... And it will give you an extra 20fps, abouts. So it might just take it over the limit, might not.

As Guard-sniper said, try looking in tech section. Fortuantley this question has become a clich'e on the forums, so theres plenty of answers! :D
      Last edited by bravotwozero; 2 May, 2009, 10:31.

Comment

greater muzzle velocity will increase range, thats why people do a vsr from stock at 285 to 500, gives em better range, same with any other gun
        Originally posted by fijitstiks
        they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
        Originally posted by N3ADS
        Is this you talking from experience ?..
        Originally posted by fijitstiks
        i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Crotmate is correct. More kinetic energy on the BB means that it has more to lose, so it has to lose more so it won't drop as soon.

Comment

Increasing FPS will increase the range but a M125 will take you over the UK limit for most if not all sites.

Your stock FPS will vary depending on how old your G&P is, the older ones were doing 370fps out of the box. IIRC the newer ones are closer to 330fps.

No offense Owain but I've never in my 10 years of playing/building AEG's heard of a tightbore increasing range by a third, A good hop rubber and nub (or H nub) will help though (look at the TM M14 for example)

A tightbore will up the FPS and should decrease grouping size, good ammo will also assist with this.

Hope that helps

TC
            Last edited by Skippy; 2 May, 2009, 19:26. Reason: spelling
            PTW Troy, PTW MK18, VFC AKM

P226 Navy, Prime 1911, Costa M&P, PPK,Browning HP, Glock 17

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shawzy Find out more about shawzy
            Working...
            X